SRS Microsystems

Gwyn
Posted 04/08/2012 - 19:53 Link
Stub, if you send Chris a PM I'm sure he will refund your postage at the earliest opportunity.
Mistakes happen - if you did give your user name and still were charged it was just that - a mistake and it will be rectified if you point it out.
If you didn't mention your user mane, then you made the mistake, not them. They had no way of knowing you are a forum member.
Mike-P
Posted 04/08/2012 - 21:14 Link
Algernon wrote:
The original complaint was:

"Is SRS in Watford under new management...just wondered as
we went in to their shop today and didn't recognise anyone
in there... "

My god, that has got to be the worst case of selective quoting I have ever seen ... anywhere

Quote:
Is SRS in Watford under new management...just wondered as we went in to their shop today and didn't recognise anyone in there...normally there is a familiar face to have a chat with but we were shocked to find different people serving and to be honest they all looked like they could do with cheering up..what's happened to the friendly, helpful shop assistants...can't say we'll be going back in a hurry if this is as friendly and helpful as it gets...very disappointed.
No Algi, you leave out the rest of it just to try and make your point.
Algernon
Posted 04/08/2012 - 21:22 Link
For crying out loud they are sales people not personalities
Bruce Forsyth would be expensive to employ and probably
not too gen'ed up on Pentax gear anyway
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
steven9761
Posted 04/08/2012 - 21:52 Link
To my mind, any company providing goods and/or services are not merely measured on service quality (or lack thereof), but on how they respond to perceived negative feedback, as this thread seems to hint at. Too often, we are quick to criticise when we receive bad service (and I'm as guilty as the next man for that!), but we don't praise good service often enough (for fear of been perceived as sychophantic??.).

Chris from SRS was quick enough to respond to the negative comment, and I have faith in the man enough to know that it will be dealt with in an equally professional manner.

I don't spend a lot on camera accessories on a whim, but from Chris's response here alone, I'll definitely be giving SRS the opportunity to satisfy my customer needs.
Edited by steven9761: 04/08/2012 - 21:53
johnriley
Posted 04/08/2012 - 22:14 Link
Quote:
For crying out loud they are sales people not personalities
I have known many sales people, and been one for many years, and I can assure you that sales people are indeed human beings who can be very much personalities.

Chris has always been a gentleman to deal with and his staff have been equally friendly and helpful.

When things go wrong, good companies want to do their best to put things right and I'm sure Chris's response must engender confidence.
Best regards, John
Charlotte
Posted 04/08/2012 - 22:41 Link
Perhaps Chris could offer his experience and give some lessons to Pentax/Ricoh customer service - they could do with a few lessons on how to treat customers.
jemx99
Posted 05/08/2012 - 00:02 Link
bettyswolloks wrote:
Last time I had to work on a sat'day I had a face like a slapped arse
Ditto! We can't be all the time you know - even retail staff have off days!
stub
Posted 05/08/2012 - 00:06 Link
Quote:
And did you mention at the time of purchase that you were a member of the forum, so getting your free postage? It's mentioned on here enough.

I didnt pay it...Was just surprised to have have been quoted it.Then to state I qualify for free delivery. When its offered on that lens free to Joe Public anyway.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
Edited by stub: 05/08/2012 - 00:14
Pentaxophile
Posted 05/08/2012 - 01:05 Link
It's free delivery if you buy via the ebay shop, if you buy from them direct via the website the delivery charges are there to see.
Rae000
Posted 05/08/2012 - 07:06 Link
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Sorry you had a bad experience today. I wasn't in today so maybe my staff were just missing me...

I am very lucky in that I have a very low staff turnover. Most of my staff have been with me for 7+ years, the newest joined about 11 months ago.

I'll mention this to them when I'm back on Tuesday. Apologies again.
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, much appreciated.
Edited by Rae000: 05/08/2012 - 07:07
Algernon
Posted 05/08/2012 - 09:10 Link
Perhaps if Chris hired in the odd Celebrity Lookalike

http://www.fakefaces.co.uk/lookalikes.html?lookalike_id=15



-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Smeggypants
Posted 05/08/2012 - 12:13 Link
I've bought three K-5s from SRS. The first one had a faulty AF system. Chris exchanged it by sending out a replacement via courier who also picked up the faulty K-5 at the same time.

The exchange took 30 seconds at my front door and thus I wasn't without a cam. A few days later I bought a 2nd K-5 from Chris.

I've never had that level of service from anywhere else ever.

There was none of this "Send it back for evaluation, which will take 6 weeks, and if we determine it's repairable we'll then repair it taking another 6 weeks, and if not we'll send you a replacement, but we're out of stock so that's also another 6 weeks"

I will buy any future new pentax gear from SRS.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Smeggypants
Posted 05/08/2012 - 12:14 Link
... but NOT if he hires Bruce Forsyth!!!
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
fatspider
Posted 05/08/2012 - 12:20 Link
Quote:
even retail staff have off days!
Do they? I thought the poor sods worked 7 days a week

Quote:
Perhaps if Chris hired in the odd Celebrity Lookalike
Yes, maybe Bruce Forsyth or Leslie Crowther........Come on down, the price is right!
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
steven9761
Posted 05/08/2012 - 12:27 Link
Smeggypants wrote:
... but NOT if he hires Bruce Forsyth!!!
Not even if he offers you a "Brucie Bonu", Smeggy??

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo