SP 1000

ems82

Link Posted 02/06/2010 - 07:26
do I open dispute with ebay or paypal?
Emma
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro

dougf8

Link Posted 02/06/2010 - 07:49
Ebay, in won items, there's a drop down on the right. "item doesn't match description" , follow the prompts and it will guide you to open a dispute.

They are buyer friendly and seller unfriendly so you should be OK.
Lurking is shirking.!

ems82

Link Posted 02/06/2010 - 08:01
OK Thanks Doug
Emma
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind

Dangermouse

Link Posted 02/06/2010 - 16:05
These old mechanical bodies really aren't hard to work on, assuming that it isn't jammed and that the meter and shutter speeds are accurate. If you buy the light seals package from that ebay link you'll get all the tools you need, although I'd also suggest a spray bottle of screen cleaner (the stuff Staples et al sell for cleaning monitors) as this is excellent for using on a cotton bud to remove grime from odd corners of the camera body.

Don't try to brush that lump of foam goo off the focusing screen as it will smear, to remove it as cleanly as possible use a pair of tweezers to very carefully grab it.

The muck you can see in the viewfinder may just be on the back of the eyepiece, I know most of my old film bodies had a lot of dust on there. Screen cleaner and a cotton bud will remove it perfectly. It is also possible for dust to find its way between the eyepiece and the prism, in which case you need to take the top plate off and blow it out with a puffer bulb.

If you don't fancy doing this yourself then there are still places that can do a full service on these old bodies, providing that the camera is complete and mechanically sound.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

ems82

Link Posted 02/06/2010 - 16:21
I goint to wait to see what happens with seller first then take it from there.
Emma

robbie_d

Link Posted 02/06/2010 - 16:30
Good luck. I hope it all gets resolved to your satisfaction.

It's stories like this that make me a little wary of buying older items off eBay.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

ems82

Link Posted 02/06/2010 - 16:59
This is the first problem I personally have had and its not nice I shall be wary in future bidding. Thankyou everyone for your advice.
Emma

ems82

Link Posted 05/06/2010 - 19:13
Well I think ive gave the seller long enough to reply to me without getting ebay involved. They have just left feedback for the camera Good feedback so must have read the email. Shall I just open a dispute now? I just sent them another email.
Emma

johnriley

Link Posted 05/06/2010 - 19:34
I always think it's a good idea to give a seller a chance to put things right. They might refund you, and maybe not even want the product back if it's not worth the cost of doing that.

It is weekend, so if they are a dealer they might not be in a position to respond until Monday.

Ultimately you can open a dispute at any timeand it all looks pretty much in your favour.

Whatever you decide I hope it all works out OK.
Best regards, John

ems82

Link Posted 05/06/2010 - 19:36
Ok John Thanks for advice. I think ill leave it till monday if still nothing after work then ill open dispute.
Emma

ems82

Link Posted 07/06/2010 - 16:06
Well the seller has offered me a refund so I am no longer a spotmatic owner
Emma

robbie_d

Link Posted 07/06/2010 - 16:08
ems82 wrote:
Well the seller has offered me a refund so I am no longer a spotmatic owner

Not to worry, you've now got all the excitement of finding one to look forward to again!

Glad it all got resolved!
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

TOZZA27

Link Posted 07/06/2010 - 16:53
Well done you !!

If you are really interested I have my boxed SP1000 with F2 55mm,strap,lens caps,filter and soft case sitting looking for a friend to take it out and do great things.....................PM me if you have a price in mind - it really is minty and I would rather it were used and loved rather than just loved.

I am away from Thursday but could post after the 28th June.

Regards

Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.

I am now on Flickr which is nice !

ems82

Link Posted 07/06/2010 - 17:06
You have a pm Tony
Emma
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.