some time at Gloucester Docks

redbusa99

Link Posted 04/04/2019 - 13:01
trying to get a different look at it than the usual shots as subjects here are fairly limited i find . could just be me though

Awaiting Development

Crinkly Reflection

Llanthony Bridge (colourised threshold)

Main Basin (8mm Fisheye)

Ring of Steel

Roof Lines (NIK Vintage preset)

The Candle (8mm Fisheye plus NIK Modern Preset)

K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

davidwozhere

Link Posted 05/04/2019 - 00:44
Main Basin and Ring of Steel are the stand outs for me.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

razashaikh

Link Posted 05/04/2019 - 04:48
Amazing collections. The filters applied are beautiful. #3 and #6 stands out for me.
Moment Stamper: Date Stamp Photo

redbusa99

Link Posted 05/04/2019 - 08:49
thank you for looking and comments. it is one of those places where most images you see of it are the same or very similar so my thinking was the only way to be a bit different would be in processing or an extreme lens.

Flickr

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/04/2019 - 10:50
I always appreciate your willingness to experiment in both taking and processing Joe - not everything will appeal to all but seeing your images always makes me think about experimenting a bit more.

In this instance I think that the simplicity in both composition and your choice of monochrome on Ring of Steel makes it the real standout shot.

Keep 'em coming Joe
LennyBloke

Sry

Link Posted 05/04/2019 - 12:01
Ring of steel for me, too - Awaiting Development and Rooflines being strong runners up. For my taste, Rooflines might benefit from the same processing as Awaiting. All three are great compositions.

redbusa99

Link Posted 06/04/2019 - 00:50
thanks Serge, that was NIK Silver efex as was Ring of Steel. thanks John, still a lot more to play with in the NIK collection but need to study the tutorials on youtube that have appeared since DXO took it over.

Flickr
Last Edited by redbusa99 on 06/04/2019 - 00:51

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 06/04/2019 - 08:51
Rather like the final fisheye shot Joe... strong bold colour contrasts...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Nigelk

Link Posted 06/04/2019 - 09:00
Enjoyable and interesting set. I'm also drawn to the Ring of Steel, I like the graphic style it has.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.