Some more from the US (four images)
Posted 14/07/2010 - 08:23
Link
The first is the pick for me Kris - the water, leaves, flower and mayfly all come together well.
The detail in the base of the column in #4 is my second pick, nice choice of b/g also.
The detail in the base of the column in #4 is my second pick, nice choice of b/g also.
Posted 14/07/2010 - 08:27
Link
The first one is nice but I love the second one: the brightness of the grass and the reflection work really well against the dark background. I like the shot of the squirrel too, but maybe the electric flex could be cloned out?
The last one I find frustrating as I keep trying to read the oof writing in the background, but I like the detail on the lamp post.
The last one I find frustrating as I keep trying to read the oof writing in the background, but I like the detail on the lamp post.
Posted 14/07/2010 - 13:26
Link
A pleasing set, Kris. I like the last one in particular. It's also instructive to see the effect of the different lenses.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 14/07/2010 - 20:09
Link
Impressive shots Kris!
Great reflection in the 2nd one, lovely vivid greens too. My kinda thing Perhaps clone out that clump of green in the top left corner?
The squirrel is excellent too, very impressive that it was MF too! The cable isn't too obvious but I would probably also have a go at cloning it out.
Great reflection in the 2nd one, lovely vivid greens too. My kinda thing Perhaps clone out that clump of green in the top left corner?
The squirrel is excellent too, very impressive that it was MF too! The cable isn't too obvious but I would probably also have a go at cloning it out.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7676 posts
18 years
Hertfordshire,
mostly.
1. Tamron 70-300mm.
2. Tamron 70-300mm
3. SMC Pentax-M 100mm f/2.8
4. SMC Pentax-DA* 50-135mm
Best wishes, Kris.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.