Ingleton Falls 5 from 50
Posted 14/07/2010 - 13:23
Link
Lovely spot. The very flat light allowed you plenty of shadow detail but the lack of contrast and that blank sky disappoint, John. I reckon you did as well as you could under the circumstances. I bet that's a nice lens to use, though.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 14/07/2010 - 14:39
Link
Hi Andrew.
Thanks for the comment, yeah the sky doesn't do anything for the images, I chose to crop it out where I thought I could get away with it. I decided to take just the one lens and it was a difficult choice, I had to travel light as my time was limited. I think if it had been raining harder I woul have opted for the DA*16-50 and it would have allowed me a tighted crop on some of the compositions. Better luck next time maybe.
Regards,
John
Thanks for the comment, yeah the sky doesn't do anything for the images, I chose to crop it out where I thought I could get away with it. I decided to take just the one lens and it was a difficult choice, I had to travel light as my time was limited. I think if it had been raining harder I woul have opted for the DA*16-50 and it would have allowed me a tighted crop on some of the compositions. Better luck next time maybe.
Regards,
John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1568 posts
18 years
Rainhill
[IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/johnwhit24/Ingleton%20Falls/_IGP3875.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/johnwhit24/Ingleton%20Falls/_IGP3936.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/johnwhit24/Ingleton%20Falls/_IGP3929.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/johnwhit24/Ingleton%20Falls/_IGP3889.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/johnwhit24/Ingleton%20Falls/_IGP3939.jpg[/IMG]
The whole sleep inducing slide show can be found at the link below
http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/johnwhit24/Ingleton%20Falls/?albumview=slideshow
Regards,
John
In LBA hiatus.