Some marbles
Posted 12/01/2017 - 01:41
Link
Its the results that count! .... actually that does all sound rather technical I like the images, lovely clean clear light, and the mirror reflections give an added 3-dimensional feel.
I'd be careful though, if you do that sort of photography for too long you risk losing your marbles.
I'd be careful though, if you do that sort of photography for too long you risk losing your marbles.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 12/01/2017 - 04:30
Link
Marble ous work but yes it does sound like a lot of effort
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 12/01/2017 - 08:44
Link
I like the results, but it does sound technical. I think 1 and 2 are my favourites. Now to find some marbles cause I want a go.
Posted 12/01/2017 - 10:31
Link
Glad she didn't get back in before you grabbed these. Its a wonderful effort - reminds me of our camera club project with crystal balls last year.
I must admit I'm useless at the technical stuff.
David
I must admit I'm useless at the technical stuff.
David
Posted 13/01/2017 - 17:41
Link
Now that's what I define as "photocraft" , even though the method as described was seemingly casual and creative it was also very skilful and belies serious practical experience.
Well done David; a lovely lesson, great images and great fun; just how photography should be.
Regards
Well done David; a lovely lesson, great images and great fun; just how photography should be.
Regards
Daronl
Posted 13/01/2017 - 17:50
Link
No 1 one is definitely my favourite. Formal and 'clean'
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
Posted 16/01/2017 - 14:11
Link
Thanks for the info, i love this set.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3704 posts
12 years
Slap in the middle of England
Put a 1970s Helios compact flash on an old Pentax A3 body (it's only being used as a stand)
Plug in a Nissin optical trigger
Wait for her to go out and plonk the marbles on the ceramic hob in the kitchen
The K5 is on a tripod with the built-in flash up, set to manual, 160th sec with a Pentax M 100mm macro lens
The Helios flash intensity is controlled by how far away you put it and the K5 flash by how many layers of folded bubble wrap you hold in front of it as a diffuser.
Here are some results:
1. Very formal
2. Anything but formal. These are in orbit with a starscape in the background !
3. All alone
4. Close-up and detailed (these marbles have seen some use)
5. A darker formal version
I had a lot of fun messing around with these. I hope you enjoy them
My page on Photocrowd