Software
Posted 24/09/2012 - 22:50
Link
Check out Photoscape, it's free HERE.
If that's still too basic then Elements is always a good choice, I've used it in the past but felt it was still too powerful for what I needed, hence Photoscape.
If that's still too basic then Elements is always a good choice, I've used it in the past but felt it was still too powerful for what I needed, hence Photoscape.
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 25/09/2012 - 00:06
Link
It depends on the type of manipulation you wish to do, but I'd have a look at Lightroom.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 25/09/2012 - 05:22
Link
A free alternative of the Lightroom could be the RawTherapee.
Posted 25/09/2012 - 10:30
Link
Personal experience says that Elements 10 will do just about everything that I want to do.
Paint Shop Pro X4 does some things differently, and may be better when it comes to working on RAW files. Certainly, its "Artistic" filters could maybe produce a better Pencil Sketch.
With either, what you get out will depend on how much time you put into learning how to do it.
Geoff
Paint Shop Pro X4 does some things differently, and may be better when it comes to working on RAW files. Certainly, its "Artistic" filters could maybe produce a better Pencil Sketch.
With either, what you get out will depend on how much time you put into learning how to do it.
Geoff
Water can wear away a stone - but it can't cook lunch
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
Posted 25/09/2012 - 10:34
Link
I use this
http://www.zoner.com/ww-en/photo-editor-viewer-manager
Pro version is very powerful and has a lot of lightroom type features
regards
Russell
http://www.zoner.com/ww-en/photo-editor-viewer-manager
Pro version is very powerful and has a lot of lightroom type features
regards
Russell
Posted 25/09/2012 - 10:40
Link
I have been using Paintshop X4 and never found it wanting!
I also use Gimp in the office and that does a good job too!
I also use Gimp in the office and that does a good job too!
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Posted 25/09/2012 - 11:02
Link
I've used all of Serif's products for many years (web DTP,drawing and photos). PhotoPlus X5 is an excellent suite including a RAW studio. I get upgrades every other year in general so it cost me £29.99 last time round after a bit of negotiation with the Nottingham firm. http://www.serif.com/photoplus/ Not having their £10 handbook and using the pdf verson instead.
They have 'free' version as a taster on their site.
They have 'free' version as a taster on their site.
Posted 25/09/2012 - 17:36
Link
Thanks for all you help, might go with elements.
All the best
Brian
And come him slow or come him fast it is but death who comes at last.
Brian
And come him slow or come him fast it is but death who comes at last.
Posted 25/09/2012 - 18:01
Link
gimp is free, but if you want elements, go look at a graphics tablet and pen... wacom often bundles elements with thier tablets for little more than the cost of buying elements by itself... and once you edit with a pen, you'll never go back to a mouse.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 26/09/2012 - 09:16
Link
Could be some deals on Elements 10 around; Elements 11 has just been released!
Posted 26/09/2012 - 10:30
Link
JohnX wrote:
Could be some deals on Elements 10 around; Elements 11 has just been released!
Blarhg! Upgrade price for PSE 11 is more than what I paid for v10 itself.Could be some deals on Elements 10 around; Elements 11 has just been released!
Thats a lot of upgrade money for some Instagram-style filters.
I'll have to tell my friend who thinking about getting Elements to look for v10 though.
Posted 26/09/2012 - 12:15
Link
amoringello wrote:
Thats a lot of upgrade money for some Instagram-style filters.
I'll have to tell my friend who thinking about getting Elements to look for v10 though.
It's a bit more than that - read about it here.
JohnX wrote:
Could be some deals on Elements 10 around; Elements 11 has just been released!
Blarhg! Upgrade price for PSE 11 is more than what I paid for v10 itself.Could be some deals on Elements 10 around; Elements 11 has just been released!
Thats a lot of upgrade money for some Instagram-style filters.
I'll have to tell my friend who thinking about getting Elements to look for v10 though.
Posted 26/09/2012 - 12:31
Link
I found PSP to be unreliable. They seem (or seemed) very slow to adopt codecs. Eventually dumped it for Photoshop.
Posted 26/09/2012 - 12:54
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
I found PSP to be unreliable. They seem (or seemed) very slow to adopt codecs. Eventually dumped it for Photoshop.
PSP X4 has been reliable for me in a budget (£350) laptop with Windows 7, does all I have needed so far, and includes Raw, B&W conversion, HDR, and tons more that I have yet to learn.I found PSP to be unreliable. They seem (or seemed) very slow to adopt codecs. Eventually dumped it for Photoshop.
Philip
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


201 posts
14 years
Brian
And come him slow or come him fast it is but death who comes at last.