so rumours have it

woodworm

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 17:51
According to an interview at CP+ posted on the US forum the K3 successor won't be available until 2020.

wvbarnes

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 18:00
woodworm wrote:
According to an interview at CP+ posted on the US forum the K3 successor won't be available until 2020.

Link appreciated please as i can not see any new 2019 interview

pschlute

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 18:11
woodworm wrote:

Stand by for mass suicides
Peter

My Flickr page

woodworm

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 18:13
Apologies, that perhaps didn't come out right (I'm reading their thread and mentioned it over here).

Kimio Tanaka was interviewing Ricoh product planners at CP+, one of the questions was regarding K3ii successor. The reply I gave above (re available in 2020) is from one of his tweets.

woodworm

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 18:16
pschlute wrote:
woodworm wrote:

Cheap gear!

wvbarnes

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 18:41
Tweets about interviews??? Last time I read a Ricoh/Pentax 'interview' on there it gave away very little indeed and they asked very silly questions. Perhaps they are waiting on the zero tariffs agreed with Europe. Fine if you live in Europe of course

Algernon

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 19:05
Will Pentax be showing the new 'Invisible Camera' at CP+ .... Yet another first for Pentax They've kept it very quiet '

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

wvbarnes

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 19:08
You'll love this Google translate from Japanese Algi...(I found it via link on Pentax Rumors)

Quote:

The release of PENTAX K-3 II successor is likely to be next year
Photographer Ms. Nobuo Tanaka tweets some information on the Pentax machine such as K-3 II successor and KP custom.
Nobuo Tanaka @ thisistanaka

About the "succeeding model" of K - 3 II, I felt quite a bit but the guard of the opponent was hard. The release is expected to be next year, a nuance that it is a camera that you can expect. Since Q & A did not have questions of 645 or Q, the person in charge was "HOT".
Although it is a KP custom model that was "reference exhibition", it seems there is "selling money" with Nan (unexpected). I did not clearly say "While listening to your opinion", but I am not sure how to sell it in terms of its shape (limited or ordered) but I am planning to sell it this year.

Since the standard zoom of the new DA was posted on the lens mount map of the K mount, I would like to expect the APS-C's new aircraft, but the successor to the K-3 II will take a little more time. Before that, KP's custom model seems to be released.

February 28, 2019 | Comments (1)
Quote:

Defragged

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 19:46
Quote:
The release of PENTAX K-3 II successor is likely to be next year

There's an awful lot of living to be done between now and next year and just as much photography to enjoy as well.

What will be will be! But for now, enjoy and make the most of what you have.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

wvbarnes

Link Posted 01/03/2019 - 13:39
I read more on custom KP ideas. No new APS-C this CP+ then...

Pentax KP Factory Custom
Ricoh also has an extensive range of Pentax cameras and lenses on show. Part of this display was devoted to custom versions of the KP DSLR. This goes far beyond the custom color combinations that were made available for earlier Pentax DSLRs. The KP Custom concept includes add-on grips made from a variety of materials, including exotic woods used for traditional steering wheels. There's also an additional, cosmetic top cover that mounts over the viewfinder prism. Finally, the custom version sees the lens mount coated with 'DLC,' a super-hard, 'diamond-like carbon' coating developed in conjunction with watchmaker Seiko, that makes mounting lenses smoother.

The KP Custom will initially only be available in Japan but Ricoh said they would consider extending it to other markets if there was sufficient customer interest both at the show and online.

wvbarnes wrote:
This KP was on Facebook in February 2018 I read elsewhere. All a bit silly. https://www.facebook.com/ricohimaging.jp/posts/1529294917168198 Google translate required.

I bought the K3II late on cheaply. I have all the lenses I need for now. Let's hope there is something new APS_C coming.

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/03/2019 - 15:44
Ho Hum.
It's no wonder the market share is minute and shrinking daily.

No idea what I am going to do. Maybe a change of brand is due after all. Or a set of stick on lenses for the phone.

pgweber

Link Posted 01/03/2019 - 16:04
woodworm wrote:
pschlute wrote:
Quote:

Cheap gear!

I am afraid YOU are not the sort of poster that Pentax want on a thread discussing the K-P Custom.

It could be a whole new problem after the K30/50/70 aperture block issue.

Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, , 55-300, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Last Edited by pgweber on 01/03/2019 - 16:04

Algernon

Link Posted 01/03/2019 - 16:36
You all need to put a Cassette of nice soothing.... relaxing music into the Pentax WalkSpotmatic ........ get out into the snow covered mountains with a camera and immerse yourselves in nature....... Ah!!......

https://youtu.be/_zvXcJMXqN8

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Defragged

Link Posted 01/03/2019 - 17:44
Algernon wrote:
You all need to put a Cassette of nice soothing.... relaxing music into the Pentax WalkSpotmatic ........ get out into the snow covered mountains with a camera and immerse yourselves in nature....... Ah!!......

https://youtu.be/_zvXcJMXqN8

--

Ahhh... contentment, the greatest achievement!..
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/03/2019 - 17:56
Snow covered mountains? In the Netherlands? About as likely as a new Pentax.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.