Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Silkypics 3 Developer Studio

ibcsweb
Posted 18/10/2008 - 01:43 Link
Does anyone know if I can transfer Silkypix to a new computer when I upgrade in the new year or do I have to buy it again every time I upgrade my computer?
I have emailed them but they have not replied and thier own forum seems in disaray about the subject. I need a definative answer before deciding wether or not to use it as my RAW converter. I have been testing out the trial version and I am very comfortable using it so it would be a shame to loose it now!
Pentax K10D 18-55 Kit Lens, Sigma 70-300, Photoshop CS (for now).
Edited by ibcsweb: 18/10/2008 - 01:44
amoringello
Posted 18/10/2008 - 01:57 Link
They are a bit slow responding lately. And like you stated, the SilkyPix forum has reported some complaints in that area since Shortcut Software took over.

There should be no cost when switching computers or to upgrade the OS. (I would be surprised at any licensing scheme that did not allow that... unless it was a Microsoft product of course, ugh!!)

If you want to run on both computers, I think the extra license is something like $29. I have upgraded mine with no hassles, just used the same registration code and it works.
ibcsweb
Posted 18/10/2008 - 02:14 Link
I just need to know I can run it on one pc at a time. I like to keep updated with my hardware, but I will not pay again for software I have already bought just on principle.
If it is the case that I vcan transfer the software to a new pc whenever I upgrade hardware then they need to state that clearly to avoid confussion. I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had actually tried to do this and if so what was the outcome?
I agree that it would be unimaginable but the potential for unfairness in this world seems almost boundless and if a company has not stated in writing that something is so then it would be wise to question it until they do state it in writing one way or the other. I will hang on to my money for now until they decide what they want to do.
ibcsweb
Posted 18/10/2008 - 02:52 Link
Hello Iaian,

Thank you for the interest in Silkypix.

Good news for you.
Yes, if upgrade to a new computer, you can just contact us and we will help
you transfer to your new computer for no additional charge.

We are looking forward to welcome you as a new Silkypix customer

Regards,
George Spencer

The above was just recieved by email it is quite clear! I wil be purchasing a license as soon as the trial is over. Maybe before! That is really good news.
amoringello
Posted 18/10/2008 - 02:56 Link
Great. SilkyPix is a great product.
Note that a new version is to come out shortly... at least that is the rumored expectation.

Since you are on the SilkyPix forums, keep an eye out for a notification to that effect. You may want to hold off on your purchase, or check what your upgrade options are. i.e. some companies offer free upgrade if you recently purchased the older version. No guarantee, so check it out.

http://www.shortcutinc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=839#post839
ibcsweb
Posted 18/10/2008 - 13:22 Link
Just joined the SilkyPix forum so I should be notified as soon as the news gets out.
ttk
Posted 19/10/2008 - 09:14 Link
I was going to pay for mine, but if a new version is about to appear? I will wait a while.
Tel,

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.