Shanghai - Xin Tian Di
Posted 10/01/2011 - 21:17
Link
Beautifully lit architecture there, and very well executed shot's. The second shot is my favourite, very nicely composed.
Posted 11/01/2011 - 11:43
Link
Thank you kind Sir !
I forgot to mention that these were taken with the Pentax K5 (20 secs, ISO 100, f11) with absolutely NO PP NR - I was amazed at the lack of noise.
I forgot to mention that these were taken with the Pentax K5 (20 secs, ISO 100, f11) with absolutely NO PP NR - I was amazed at the lack of noise.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 11/01/2011 - 14:57
Link
Looks like a well done bit of restoration! Thjey're all good but I think the first one for me. I noticed the Va Bene sign in the 2nd, damn good food there, if you have a fat wallet
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 12/01/2011 - 07:23
Link
Frogfish wrote:
I forgot to mention that these were taken with the Pentax K5 (20 secs, ISO 100, f11) with absolutely NO PP NR - I was amazed at the lack of noise.
A photographer who exposes well then! A lovely series - vibrant colours, well taken.
I forgot to mention that these were taken with the Pentax K5 (20 secs, ISO 100, f11) with absolutely NO PP NR - I was amazed at the lack of noise.
Posted 12/01/2011 - 08:42
Link
Really love the first one. The colours are amazing and clean cut. Only thing that draws my eyes away when I look at it is at the bottom left is a metallic door that seems out of place and my eyes wander there any time as it stands out to much.
The second and third are good and I like the contrast between 'old' and 'new' with the Tower-block in the background but the colour intensity is not like in the first picture.
That's just me, but WELL DONE!
The second and third are good and I like the contrast between 'old' and 'new' with the Tower-block in the background but the colour intensity is not like in the first picture.
That's just me, but WELL DONE!
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Posted 12/01/2011 - 08:59
Link
Thoughton - thank you. Yes Va Bene is very nice but over-rated and over-priced. Next time you're here let me know - there is a great Italian called Da Marco who has been here forever and doesn't charge the earth, some great home-style Italian dishes too !
Thank you Tiger !
iBerg - well me or the camera - I'm not sure but I think at this stage I'm definitely going to credit the K5 ! Thank you !
Smutje - #1 : I had to go back and check, it's a glass door to a restaurant. I actually angled myself against that wall to exclude other distracting elements on the left but guess I couldn't get far enough. Thank you for all your comments !
Thank you Tiger !
iBerg - well me or the camera - I'm not sure but I think at this stage I'm definitely going to credit the K5 ! Thank you !
Smutje - #1 : I had to go back and check, it's a glass door to a restaurant. I actually angled myself against that wall to exclude other distracting elements on the left but guess I couldn't get far enough. Thank you for all your comments !
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 13/01/2011 - 14:03
Link
Thank you for commenting Zav & Gareth !
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2087 posts
16 years
Shanghai
Amazing because the developer of this whole area (absolutely huge - includes a man-made lake, metro stops and lots of very high-end commercial & residential buildings) - Shui On from Hong Kong - actually tore down all the existing Shikumen (traditional stone lintel houses - look for the indicative stone lintels above the doors and horizontal red stripe of alternative coloured bricks) numbering them as they did so - and then rebuilt everything from the ground up, after repairing the bricks, to form this unique development.
Now a centre of recreation and a massive tourist draw - Ricky Martin even performed an impromptu (cough cough) concert on the island in the middle of the lake !
These shots were all long exposures taken at night. I have deliberately avoided the crowded main thoroughfares.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0