A few from Corfe Castle
Posted 13/01/2011 - 11:43
Link
Nie set, I think the first one shows off the castle very nicely, well composed. I like the train one with castle in the background too.
The wire cloning looks relatively simple, but it's a big job so probably will be quite time consuming. Just zoom in a lot, do one 'colour' at a time, and have at it! The wire across foreground cottage roof looks considerably more of a hassle than the wire across the castle.
The wire cloning looks relatively simple, but it's a big job so probably will be quite time consuming. Just zoom in a lot, do one 'colour' at a time, and have at it! The wire across foreground cottage roof looks considerably more of a hassle than the wire across the castle.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 13/01/2011 - 12:16
Link
What a nice set. Strangely I like the fire buckets shot the best. The Castle shots are nice and dramatic and offer good perspective,1, 2 and 3 in particular. No 4 through the trees doesn't really work for me, a bit too obscured.
Can't really help with PP as it isn't my strong point, others here are better placed on that score.
Really enjoyed viewing them, thanks for posting.
Can't really help with PP as it isn't my strong point, others here are better placed on that score.
Really enjoyed viewing them, thanks for posting.
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot
Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
Posted 13/01/2011 - 12:37
Link
Many thanks for all your kind comments and help. The shot through the trees was more a try as it is a way to the castle from the 'old town' and it is the only real opening with view to the castle and I wanted to see if there is anything in it. I know it looks a bit cluttered with the tree branches but it still gives an impression of how steep and high the castle actually is, but that's about all.
For the first two shots I had to climb a small hill opposite the castle and is not the usual view you get on postcards. It took the best out of me and I only got half way up (remember I am disabled) and I still suffer today for it but I too like the shots from there. Shame there is no easy way up but maybe in the summer it is a bit more dry and not so slippery as it was on the day from all the rain we had over the last few weeks with the snow and ice before.
Again, may thanks and please keep the C&C coming.
For the first two shots I had to climb a small hill opposite the castle and is not the usual view you get on postcards. It took the best out of me and I only got half way up (remember I am disabled) and I still suffer today for it but I too like the shots from there. Shame there is no easy way up but maybe in the summer it is a bit more dry and not so slippery as it was on the day from all the rain we had over the last few weeks with the snow and ice before.
Again, may thanks and please keep the C&C coming.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1041 posts
15 years
Dorset/UK
I just was getting sick and tired of the miserable weather which forced me to stay at home or just do the odd function. I wanted to get out in the air again.
So here are a few pictures of it. By all means they are not the best but I am pretty pleased also I know some could do with some PP.
There are some more on my Flickr page, should anyone be interested.
C&C's are as usual always welcome.
I hope you enjoy them.
Corfe Castle - 001
Corfe Castle - 001 by smutjeuk, on Flickr
Corfe Castle - 002
Corfe Castle - 002 by smutjeuk, on Flickr
Corfe Castle - 004
Corfe Castle - 004 by smutjeuk, on Flickr
Corfe Castle - 005
Corfe Castle - 005 by smutjeuk, on Flickr
Corfe Castle - Old & New
Corfe Castle - Old & New by smutjeuk, on Flickr
Corfe Castle - FIRE
Corfe Castle - FIRE by smutjeuk, on Flickr
Corfe Castle - St. Edward, King and Martyr
Corfe Castle - St. Edward, King and Martyr by smutjeuk, on Flickr
Corfe Castle - Station with 'Swordfish'
Corfe Castle - Station with 'Swordfish' by smutjeuk, on Flickr
Corfe Castle - The Fox Inn
Corfe Castle - The Fox Inn by smutjeuk, on Flickr
And with this one I could do with some help. How do I get the wires out of the picture? I know I could clone but I tried this and the cloning is visible.
I am new to CS4 and really could do with some tip here please.
Corfe Castle - View from Church
Corfe Castle - View from Church by smutjeuk, on Flickr
C&C welcome!
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.