Seven Deadly Sins
Posted 07/10/2010 - 15:02
Link
Quote:
Mine, in no particular order.
Is that all in one photograph Ken? Mine, in no particular order.
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 07/10/2010 - 15:14
Link
Now that would make a great fortnightly competition
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 07/10/2010 - 15:53
Link
I'm always a bit uneasy when I see "cliched subject matter". It isn't the individual's fault that everyone else has already taken that shot, in fact I suspect many of my earlier efforts were taken from more or less the same spot as a thousand others (as it was close to the road).
Everyone should have the chance to shoot that scene, the trick is making your version look better. I see getting the map out and working out where to go to get a different angle on the same subject as the next developmental phase.
Everyone should have the chance to shoot that scene, the trick is making your version look better. I see getting the map out and working out where to go to get a different angle on the same subject as the next developmental phase.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 07/10/2010 - 16:13
Link
Cliches only become so because they started out as a good idea. I was once working in Oban and had to get a picture from a well known viewpoint and found someone else's tripod marks, I couldn't resist sticking mine in the same holes
Matt, don't tempt anyone
Matt, don't tempt anyone
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 07/10/2010 - 19:44
Link
There is only one I deplore. Eilean Donan Castle!
If someone were to bulldoze it so there could be no more picture they would have my infinite gratitude!
If someone were to bulldoze it so there could be no more picture they would have my infinite gratitude!
Posted 07/10/2010 - 20:30
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
There is only one I deplore. Eilean Donan Castle!
If someone were to bulldoze it so there could be no more picture they would have my infinite gratitude!
Can I drive the bulldozer? Can I can I? Please?
There is only one I deplore. Eilean Donan Castle!
If someone were to bulldoze it so there could be no more picture they would have my infinite gratitude!
Posted 07/10/2010 - 20:39
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
There is only one I deplore. Eilean Donan Castle!
If someone were to bulldoze it so there could be no more picture they would have my infinite gratitude!
Wouldn't it be ever more challenging to take an original photo from it?
There is only one I deplore. Eilean Donan Castle!
If someone were to bulldoze it so there could be no more picture they would have my infinite gratitude!
Posted 07/10/2010 - 20:50
Link
Anvh wrote:
How about one of me bulldozing it? greynolds999 wrote:
There is only one I deplore. Eilean Donan Castle!
If someone were to bulldoze it so there could be no more picture they would have my infinite gratitude!
Wouldn't it be ever more challenging to take an original photo from it?There is only one I deplore. Eilean Donan Castle!
If someone were to bulldoze it so there could be no more picture they would have my infinite gratitude!
It has been done to death - no original photos of it left to make.
Posted 07/10/2010 - 20:53
Link
*has just been to look up said castle* Ahh, that one!
Think a bulldozer might struggle to fit over the bridge? I know there's a Vulcan in dire need of funding which might be available to hire for a few hours...
Think a bulldozer might struggle to fit over the bridge? I know there's a Vulcan in dire need of funding which might be available to hire for a few hours...
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 07/10/2010 - 20:54
Link
You sure?
Just buy me a ticket and book me a room for the weekend to proof it
Just buy me a ticket and book me a room for the weekend to proof it
Posted 07/10/2010 - 21:03
Link
Just Google it Stefan, you'll see what we mean.
A Vulcan would be more fun than a bulldozer I have to admit.
Keep lots of PU members happy too - planes and demolition of a cliché. Brilliant.
A Vulcan would be more fun than a bulldozer I have to admit.
Keep lots of PU members happy too - planes and demolition of a cliché. Brilliant.
Posted 07/10/2010 - 21:19
Link
Gwyn - I doubt you would find the hourly rate for the Vulcan fun.
What's wrong with the castle anyway - I think it is rather nice.
What's wrong with the castle anyway - I think it is rather nice.
Posted 07/10/2010 - 21:20
Link
Nothing wrong with the castle - but I would be happy to see a photography ban around it .
Maybe we could move it to a Glasgow park?
Maybe we could move it to a Glasgow park?
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



6724 posts
20 years
Glasgow,
Scotland
1. Dull content
2. HDR
3. Colour Popping
4. Squint Horizons
5. Blown Highlights
6. Cliched subject matter
7. Blaming poor technique on equipment
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -