Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

September Yorkshire meet

Hazza
Posted 14/09/2007 - 19:36 Link
I'm trying to sort something but may only be able to stay a couple of hours. I need to be back in Huddersfield by about 1.00pm.
If I'm not there on time don't wait, but fingers crossed.
Harry
fatspider
Posted 15/09/2007 - 19:29 Link
Q) What are my feelings about the third Yorkshire Groups meet?

A)

Big thanks to Dave for organising and suggesting Harcastle Crags (although he could have arranged a bit more sun)
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Hazza
Posted 16/09/2007 - 07:34 Link
It was great to meet some of the folks from the forum and a great day (well a couple of hours anyway). I hope the next one is not too far away and look forward to it.
Here is one that I did a quick edit on, not great but hey never mind, I've only just started playing with raw.
Comment Image
davem
Posted 17/09/2007 - 21:11 Link
Hello all

I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves. The problem was trying to stop people taking pictures. The photo below shows what happens when Alan crosses the stream on stepping stones.

They also have the problem of not being able to pass the tea shop!
Good to see you harry. I agree with everybody a great day out!

Alan has suggested that we make the next visit a little later inthe Autumn and go to Fairburn nature reserve near Castleford to photo the birds overwatering on the lakes. Any other ideas and offeres to make the arrangements?

Dave

Comment Image
Tyr
Posted 19/09/2007 - 09:15 Link
Thought I'd get some of mine in here:

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

And finally with a borrowed 90mm Tamron 1:2 Macro lens. There is moire on the eyes, something you can't see in the down-sampled shot. Obviously the Tamron lens out-resolved my K10D.
Comment Image
fatspider
Posted 19/09/2007 - 22:31 Link
Quote:
There is moire on the eyes, something you can't see in the down-sampled shot. Obviously the Tamron lens out-resolved my K10D.

You'll be saving up for a Tamron macro then?

PS, thats a nice shot, should have hung onto the lens and grabbed it myself
My PPG link
My Flckr link
jps
Posted 28/09/2007 - 14:33 Link
Regarding the Impressions Gallery that Dave mentioned, has that relocated from York? I think it closed down there a year or two ago. I saw some great exhibitions there over the years, and a couple of not so good ones. They also had a fantastic cafe, which was a bonus, and darkroom facilities (though at the time I wasn't a photographer so never got to use them...)

Jonathan
Tyr
Posted 28/09/2007 - 14:49 Link
I just noticed the image number 6 has about 50 hot pixels for no good reason whatsoever. No other picture I have taken has them which is very strange. Seems to be an error in lightroom where it randomly adds and then removes hot pixels

I think Adobe needs a bug report!
davem
Posted 28/09/2007 - 22:44 Link
Jonathon,

The impressions gallery has relocated from York to Bradford. It is part of the move for Bradford as a centre for the media industry.

Dave
fatspider
Posted 29/09/2007 - 21:34 Link
Well it seems everyone else has posted pics of the day so I suppose I should also bore you with mine

Apart from the very similar shots I think I was the only one to choose this subject, though maybe I could have done with a little more DOF.

Comment ImageComment Image
" class="comment_image" />
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Hazza
Posted 30/09/2007 - 06:46 Link
OK guys, one more shot here but they are all much the same.
Comment Image

Harry
Hazza
Posted 30/09/2007 - 06:54 Link
One more, last one I promise.
Comment Image

Harry
Tyr
Posted 30/09/2007 - 23:34 Link
Erm... about those 'hot' pixels... They are actually being caused by my graphics card frying! This is not good at all.
jps
Posted 01/10/2007 - 13:45 Link
impotentspider,

Quote:
Apart from the very similar shots I think I was the only one to choose this subject, though maybe I could have done with a little more DOF.

I really like it with the very limited depth of field - it's almost painterly.

Jonathan

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.