September Yorkshire meet
Posted 16/09/2007 - 07:34
Link
Posted 17/09/2007 - 21:11
Link
Hello all
I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves. The problem was trying to stop people taking pictures. The photo below shows what happens when Alan crosses the stream on stepping stones.
They also have the problem of not being able to pass the tea shop!
Good to see you harry. I agree with everybody a great day out!
Alan has suggested that we make the next visit a little later inthe Autumn and go to Fairburn nature reserve near Castleford to photo the birds overwatering on the lakes. Any other ideas and offeres to make the arrangements?
Dave

I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves. The problem was trying to stop people taking pictures. The photo below shows what happens when Alan crosses the stream on stepping stones.
They also have the problem of not being able to pass the tea shop!
Good to see you harry. I agree with everybody a great day out!
Alan has suggested that we make the next visit a little later inthe Autumn and go to Fairburn nature reserve near Castleford to photo the birds overwatering on the lakes. Any other ideas and offeres to make the arrangements?
Dave

Posted 19/09/2007 - 09:15
Link
Posted 19/09/2007 - 22:31
Link
Quote:
There is moire on the eyes, something you can't see in the down-sampled shot. Obviously the Tamron lens out-resolved my K10D.
You'll be saving up for a Tamron macro then?There is moire on the eyes, something you can't see in the down-sampled shot. Obviously the Tamron lens out-resolved my K10D.
PS, thats a nice shot, should have hung onto the lens and grabbed it myself
Posted 28/09/2007 - 14:33
Link
Regarding the Impressions Gallery that Dave mentioned, has that relocated from York? I think it closed down there a year or two ago. I saw some great exhibitions there over the years, and a couple of not so good ones. They also had a fantastic cafe, which was a bonus, and darkroom facilities (though at the time I wasn't a photographer so never got to use them...)
Jonathan
Jonathan
Posted 28/09/2007 - 14:49
Link
I just noticed the image number 6 has about 50 hot pixels for no good reason whatsoever. No other picture I have taken has them which is very strange. Seems to be an error in lightroom where it randomly adds and then removes hot pixels
I think Adobe needs a bug report!
I think Adobe needs a bug report!
Posted 28/09/2007 - 22:44
Link
Jonathon,
The impressions gallery has relocated from York to Bradford. It is part of the move for Bradford as a centre for the media industry.
Dave
The impressions gallery has relocated from York to Bradford. It is part of the move for Bradford as a centre for the media industry.
Dave
Posted 29/09/2007 - 21:34
Link
Posted 30/09/2007 - 06:46
Link
Posted 30/09/2007 - 06:54
Link
Posted 30/09/2007 - 23:34
Link
Erm... about those 'hot' pixels... They are actually being caused by my graphics card frying! This is not good at all.
Posted 01/10/2007 - 13:45
Link
impotentspider,
Jonathan
Quote:
Apart from the very similar shots I think I was the only one to choose this subject, though maybe I could have done with a little more DOF.
I really like it with the very limited depth of field - it's almost painterly.Apart from the very similar shots I think I was the only one to choose this subject, though maybe I could have done with a little more DOF.
Jonathan
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.














125 posts
19 years
Huddersfield,
West Yorkshire
If I'm not there on time don't wait, but fingers crossed.
Harry