Scottish Dawn
Posted 22/09/2014 - 12:42
Link
It's a good image, but on it's own I don't think it conveys your thoughts and emotions. Mind I'm not an art lover so I don't see a lot of things that people attribute to images.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 22/09/2014 - 13:22
Link
Nice idea John but doesnt match my feelings on the issue. No warmth at all in my feelings. Gritty grainy dark images about to be posted on my facebook page
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 22/09/2014 - 13:49
Link
I think it is completely possible to express feelings with an image - but with the feelings you have expressed in words John - I think you would have needed a video
Carl
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 22/09/2014 - 14:45
Link
The mist portrays the fog of bewilderment which now seems to envelope the whole of the UK over where we go from here, particularly with regard to the West Lothian Question..
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 22/09/2014 - 14:51
Link
I suppose there is a contradiction here. In the sense I'm portraying "the cold light of dawn" but in fact that light is often warm, at least in colour. It's the temperature that's cold.
Is it Durham that some think is technically still part of Scotland?
Is it Durham that some think is technically still part of Scotland?
Best regards, John
Posted 22/09/2014 - 16:18
Link
Is it not Durham thats still at war with some country?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 22/09/2014 - 19:35
Link
gartmore wrote:
Is it not Durham thats still at war with some country?
Berwick upon Tweed where they speak Border Scots with a Geordie accent.Is it not Durham thats still at war with some country?
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 22/09/2014 - 19:42
Link
Thanks David, after I posted I wondered if it was that Scottish Burgh.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 22/09/2014 - 20:28
Link
There was once a wall built with Roman money and Geordie blood sweat and tears to keep the Scots and the Picts out. The Geordies (of which I'm one + 1/4 Scots) are thinking of having it repaired and sending all the Scots down here in Corby in Northants home.
(JOKE),:lol.
P.S. The fog on the Tyne is all mine.
CHEERS Vic.
(JOKE),:lol.
P.S. The fog on the Tyne is all mine.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 22/09/2014 - 21:28
Link
History is always being revised, there is no historical evidence to suggest the Romans didn't build it with Scots labour to contain you lot!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 22/09/2014 - 22:45
Link
The Scotti were a tribe in Ireland when Hadrian's Wall was built...
I like the image John, even if I don't necessarily see the story.
K.
I like the image John, even if I don't necessarily see the story.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 22/09/2014 - 23:22
Link
An often overlooked fact (outside the North East that is) is that much of the English county of Northumberland and a little bit of Cumbria,lie north of Hadrian's Wall.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 22/09/2014 - 23:26
Link
It's also true that at one time quite a slice of Lancashire and Cumbria were once part of Wales.
Thanks for the comments everyone. I'll find another to post tomorrow.
Thanks for the comments everyone. I'll find another to post tomorrow.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24425 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
I was motivated to post this, which never got aired when I first did it, by the feeling of a new dawn after the referendum. Whatever the result, the new dawn arrives, cold and misty, and after the high tension and emotion of the previous day we enter the new world with a sober feeling. To complete the metaphor, there is the warmth of the new day's sun that will soon evaporate that mist. Then we will live the new day, but for this moment.....
So can we express such feelings in an image? Does this image succeed in doing that? All comments welcome!