Saprophytic fungus on cherry tomato
Posted 08/03/2009 - 17:12
Link
The only Saprophyte I remember is Mucor. Is this Mucor?
Best regards, John
Posted 08/03/2009 - 18:04
Link
hmm... could well be, getting closer I think. Thanks John.
Here's another extract which also sums up what I see and validates your suggestion.
Sporangium Fungi
1. Saprophyte - eats dead matter
2. Hyphae - mass of threadlike
structures, breaks down food with
enzymes
Here's another extract which also sums up what I see and validates your suggestion.
Sporangium Fungi
1. Saprophyte - eats dead matter
2. Hyphae - mass of threadlike
structures, breaks down food with
enzymes
Posted 08/03/2009 - 18:52
Link
The black things are spore heads where reproduction and dispersal occurs. The single celled spores get blown or brushed off and transfer to other things.
What lens did you use to take that?
What lens did you use to take that?
Posted 08/03/2009 - 19:25
Link
The first was the SMC m 50 1:7 mounted normally on 65mm extension tube hand held 1/8th.
the second was 28mm Soligor reversed onto the tubes, with flash.
The 50mm is soooo much better.
Edit: Mistake - 1/8th should read 1/30th, I did some at 1/8th but I suspect they weren't successful.
the second was 28mm Soligor reversed onto the tubes, with flash.
The 50mm is soooo much better.
Edit: Mistake - 1/8th should read 1/30th, I did some at 1/8th but I suspect they weren't successful.
Posted 09/03/2009 - 14:13
Link
See Edit above, I'd hate to be accused of 'hand-held' bravado
I'm actually a bit crap at hand holding these days... I got lucky with this one.
I'm actually a bit crap at hand holding these days... I got lucky with this one.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1753 posts
18 years
Plymouth,
UK
The images show 2-3mm
Plymouth Photographer