s5i problems
Posted 18/03/2008 - 20:20
Link
I don't know of any other battery in the camera besides the rechargeable one - that is very easy to replace. Is there another little hidden one in addition?
Anyway I think it would be worth trying a new main battery.
Compatible batteries for this camera are available from £4.09 (including postage) from Hong Kong eBay sellers:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/battery-s5i_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40
They may not last quite as long as a genuine Pentax one, but the ones I got work OK in my s5i.
I like the camera too. Unfortunately it would be hard to find a new model that's just as good (and cheap) in every way that also has an optical viewfinder. Viewfnders seem to be going of fashion altogether.
Anyway I think it would be worth trying a new main battery.
Compatible batteries for this camera are available from £4.09 (including postage) from Hong Kong eBay sellers:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/battery-s5i_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40
They may not last quite as long as a genuine Pentax one, but the ones I got work OK in my s5i.
I like the camera too. Unfortunately it would be hard to find a new model that's just as good (and cheap) in every way that also has an optical viewfinder. Viewfnders seem to be going of fashion altogether.
~Pete
Posted 19/03/2008 - 08:26
Link
Thanks for that.
When I had the initial problems with the camera switching off I did a little research and came across other s5i owners who had experienced the same sort of problem. The common denominator appears to be exposure of the camera to extreme heat or cold afterwhich the problem seems to occur - camera is switched on, beeps a few times and then switches off. After several (frustrating) attempts to switch it on, it eventually would and then work well (apart from the fact that it would only recognise th einternal memory even when an SD card was inserted. Even that could be overcome with a little patience - reminds me coaxing my first car to start in the morning ! Users point to an internal battery - 5mm by 1mm (although they could only find one slightly larger) which when replaced and the camera is reset returns the camera to full working condition.
When I had the initial problems with the camera switching off I did a little research and came across other s5i owners who had experienced the same sort of problem. The common denominator appears to be exposure of the camera to extreme heat or cold afterwhich the problem seems to occur - camera is switched on, beeps a few times and then switches off. After several (frustrating) attempts to switch it on, it eventually would and then work well (apart from the fact that it would only recognise th einternal memory even when an SD card was inserted. Even that could be overcome with a little patience - reminds me coaxing my first car to start in the morning ! Users point to an internal battery - 5mm by 1mm (although they could only find one slightly larger) which when replaced and the camera is reset returns the camera to full working condition.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2 posts
18 years