Optio A20 power off

Posted 27/02/2008 - 10:52 Link
I have a Pentax Optio A20, its roughly a year old. It has worked fine so far but now it turns itself off after just 5 seconds, which makes it unuseable. The battery is fully charged but that makes no difference. It sometimes works if I hit it but I don't want to keep doind that for fear of damaging it. Has anyone else found this problem? and does anyone have a solution to it? Please.
Clarky
Posted 27/02/2008 - 10:58 Link
Quote:
I have a Pentax Optio A20, its roughly a year old. It has worked fine so far but now it turns itself off after just 5 seconds, which makes it unuseable. The battery is fully charged but that makes no difference. It sometimes works if I hit it but I don't want to keep doind that for fear of damaging it. Has anyone else found this problem? and does anyone have a solution to it? Please.
Does the lens pop out when you turn it on for those 5 seconds before it shuts down. Could be the lens is jammed thats why its shutting down. :
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
George Lazarette
Posted 27/02/2008 - 10:59 Link
Sounds like a dry joint somewhere. If so, it's a probably a write-off.

But before you ditch it, I would try a different battery. Although you believe the present one is fully charged, it may be faulty.

You haven't said where you live (hint: you can do so in your profile), but if you are in the EU, you should be able to have it seen to FOC as it is under two years old.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
blakeow
Posted 22/03/2008 - 12:21 Link
Hey billy5ankles,

Did you ever solve this problem. My camera has just started doing exactly the same thing. It powers up, the lens comes out and than it shuts down again. The most annoying thing is that it was fine one night and not working the mext day.

Hope you got yours sorted.
gartmore
Posted 24/03/2008 - 17:58 Link
Dirty battery contacts perhaps?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo