Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Redcurrants and Gin

Lubbyman
Posted 05/11/2021 - 21:11 Link
Mrs L. is in full production mode at the moment and the Kilner jars are looking interesting. Gin on top, with a thick layer of redcurrants at the bottom and a layer of sugar between. Shake once a day until ready.

I managed to get the camera to a jar when it was ready for shaking (the jar, not the camera). A few redcurrants had settled out on top of the layer of sugar and seemed tempting targets. And here's the result. K3 + Sigma 70mm macro and a couple of small, directional LED lights. No chance of a really sharp shot through the glass and a cm or so of sugary gin!

Thoughts, comments etc. welcome as usual.

Comment Image

Steve
davidwozhere
Posted 06/11/2021 - 00:34 Link
Don't fret about the sharpness. That bouncy fellow on the right makes a great advert for the stuff all by itself. The simple composition and limited colour range both help to make this an image to pay attention to.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Lubbyman
Posted 06/11/2021 - 22:10 Link
Thanks, appreciated. My comment about sharpness was a bit tongue-in-cheek, I'd used a super-sharp lens for a picture that could never be sharp. Anyway, after a glass or more of the product, nothing will look sharp...

Steve
Sry
Posted 07/11/2021 - 16:06 Link
Ah, the famed South Dorset Eyeball Liquor? Lovely image - I keep telling myself there are photographs to be made when I prepare bottles of 'rhum arrangé', and you've proven the point.
cardiffgareth
Posted 07/11/2021 - 22:03 Link
Yeah don't worry about the sharpness. Before I would have been no clipped shadows or burnt highlights with everything sharp but going to uni and seeing images that are historic it has opened my eyes and now I don't care if I have black blacks or total burnt white etc, as long as it has a feel to it. This image certainly has a feel to it and is lovely
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.