Red Kite - Bellymack Hill Farm
Posted 21/10/2014 - 19:41
Link
they are so photogenic when they are in play mode
i have had 6 pairs with me all day to day and no dam camera i personaly like the 4th one as they are so adgil
regards stu
i have had 6 pairs with me all day to day and no dam camera i personaly like the 4th one as they are so adgil
regards stu
Posted 21/10/2014 - 19:53
Link
The best are 1 & 2 IMO .... 1 is amazing, you can hardly see where the page ends and the photo starts which is really interesting - the background works brilliantly, and so clever to have got the face!
No 2 is fantastic - a great span of wings and full-on action - the graininess in the background is not unattractive, but you might try blurring it a little to smooth it more - and perhaps the bird is a touch over-sharpened?
No 3 has some vignetting going on at the left corners.
No 2 is fantastic - a great span of wings and full-on action - the graininess in the background is not unattractive, but you might try blurring it a little to smooth it more - and perhaps the bird is a touch over-sharpened?
No 3 has some vignetting going on at the left corners.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 21/10/2014 - 20:17
Link
Great shots Barrie. Loads of these wild around here but they rarely come close enough to get the level of detail you have captured.
Carl
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 21/10/2014 - 20:22
Link
Blythman wrote:
1/8000 sec. You sure that's fast enough?
Not judging by the number I missed1/8000 sec. You sure that's fast enough?
McGregNi wrote:
1 is amazing, and so clever to have got the face!
No 2 is fantastic but you might try blurring it a little to smooth it more - and perhaps the bird is a touch over-sharpened?
No 3 has some vignetting going on at the left corners.
1 lucky more than clever I'm affraid.1 is amazing, and so clever to have got the face!
No 2 is fantastic but you might try blurring it a little to smooth it more - and perhaps the bird is a touch over-sharpened?
No 3 has some vignetting going on at the left corners.
2 Thanks for the tip, it does work better
3 I applied the vignetting with Lightroom and it did not look so pronounced then, I'll have to tone it down or remove it
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 21/10/2014 - 20:33
Link
fritzthedog wrote:
Great shots Barrie. Loads of these wild around here but they rarely come close enough to get the level of detail you have captured.
Thanks Carl, that's the advantage of the feeding station it draws them to within a few meters. The problem then is they are so agile it's hard to track them.
Great shots Barrie. Loads of these wild around here but they rarely come close enough to get the level of detail you have captured.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 21/10/2014 - 20:52
Link
Superb set Barrie, I like them all just can't choose a favourite.
Thank you for sharing these with us.
Thank you for sharing these with us.
Regards John/Jumbo
Posted 22/10/2014 - 01:18
Link
You don't need feeding stations in South Germany - the perishers dive bomb the road traffic to drop carcasses in front of vehicles. The birds have learned that it is easier to eat once their dinner has been run over! When a six foot wingspan zooms past the windscreen you get a right fright - bin there, done it, missed the birdie!
Fantastic pictures of these ones however - thanks for sharing them.
David
Fantastic pictures of these ones however - thanks for sharing them.
David
Posted 22/10/2014 - 06:15
Link
Great stuff, Barrie.
I like #2 as it is, but would be interested to see the modified version as proposed by Nigel.
I often leave the M40 at junction 5 to observe the red kites that gather nearby. They drift quite low and I've managed a few OK shots, but nothing even remotely as detailed as these...
I like #2 as it is, but would be interested to see the modified version as proposed by Nigel.
I often leave the M40 at junction 5 to observe the red kites that gather nearby. They drift quite low and I've managed a few OK shots, but nothing even remotely as detailed as these...
Posted 22/10/2014 - 08:59
Link
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 22/10/2014 - 09:17
Link
Barrie,you have not cleaned up the wing tip in the top RH corner.
I thought this photo was stunning apart from the noise issue. I copied it and used the NR in Faststone and it worked a treat. Give it a go.
John
I thought this photo was stunning apart from the noise issue. I copied it and used the NR in Faststone and it worked a treat. Give it a go.
John
Posted 22/10/2014 - 09:34
Link
Just WOW!
I can only dream of getting shots like this.
Harry
I can only dream of getting shots like this.
Harry
Posted 23/10/2014 - 14:59
Link
DOIK wrote:
Barrie,you have not cleaned up the wing tip in the top RH corner.
I thought this photo was stunning apart from the noise issue. I copied it and used the NR in Faststone and it worked a treat. Give it a go.
John
Thanks John. I tried NR in Faststone but ended up with artifacts round the wing tips (probably not doing it correctly) so I've had a go with Topaz DeNoise.Barrie,you have not cleaned up the wing tip in the top RH corner.
I thought this photo was stunning apart from the noise issue. I copied it and used the NR in Faststone and it worked a treat. Give it a go.
John

Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



6913 posts
17 years
Co. Durham UK
I would welcome your C&C on these few from the visit please.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/