Re Tethering to Lightroom Classic
Posted 12/03/2021 - 18:25
Link
I just googled it and only Nikon and Canon cameras can do this, here is the compete list: link
I appreciate this may be part of a course but I don't see what it would achieve, wouldn't it be best to transfer the files to a safe drive and then just import them into LR? That way you always have the originals untouched in the SD card in case something goes wrong.
I appreciate this may be part of a course but I don't see what it would achieve, wouldn't it be best to transfer the files to a safe drive and then just import them into LR? That way you always have the originals untouched in the SD card in case something goes wrong.
Posted 12/03/2021 - 22:45
Link
I use my K1 Or K5II tethered to lightroom. It works perfectly. I use it in studio. Great for seeing large size images instantly.
Its Capture One that doesnt accept Pentax camera's
Its Capture One that doesnt accept Pentax camera's
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 13/03/2021 - 07:39
Link
stub wrote:
I use my K1 Or K5II tethered to lightroom. It works perfectly. I use it in studio. Great for seeing large size images instantly.
Its Capture One that doesnt accept Pentax camera's
Is that on a laptop or desktop? I use ImageSync on my iPad for tethering to the K1 occasionally which gives exposure and focus control, but this sounds like something different.
I use my K1 Or K5II tethered to lightroom. It works perfectly. I use it in studio. Great for seeing large size images instantly.
Its Capture One that doesnt accept Pentax camera's
Posted 13/03/2021 - 10:03
Link
Yes, I'm pretty old school. I use a laptop. Mainly for screen size. And dont need WiFi camera. Still like to use my K-7,
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7 posts
16 years
Anyone any experience of doing this? Software requirements? I'm doing an online course on using Lightroom and Tethering is going to be a topic in a few weeks.
Thanks in advance
Geoff