RAW/Tiff to Jpeg?
Posted 09/09/2009 - 21:43
Link
If it's RAW then save as a JPEG instead of a TIFF.
With a TIFF open the file and Save As choosing the file type as JPEG.
With a TIFF open the file and Save As choosing the file type as JPEG.
Best regards, John
Posted 09/09/2009 - 21:48
Link
Most editors (... if not all):
File----->safe as------->choose file extension jpeg under format tab------->OK.
Or use shortcut; shift+ctrl+S followed by: choose file extension jpeg under format tab------->OK.
Martin.
File----->safe as------->choose file extension jpeg under format tab------->OK.
Or use shortcut; shift+ctrl+S followed by: choose file extension jpeg under format tab------->OK.
Martin.
Posted 09/09/2009 - 22:33
Link
johnriley wrote:
If it's RAW then save as a JPEG instead of a TIFF.
With a TIFF open the file and Save As choosing the file type as JPEG.
Thank's chaps; Tried to change Tiff to Jpeg but no option for Jpeg,only option given is for PSD.,,,,,Now what please??
If it's RAW then save as a JPEG instead of a TIFF.
With a TIFF open the file and Save As choosing the file type as JPEG.
Best Regards, Larry.
All the gear & no idea.
All the gear & no idea.
Posted 09/09/2009 - 22:39
Link
Are you using 16 bit images? I don't think you can save them as jpegs until you've first converted them to 8 bit.
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 09/09/2009 - 22:41
Link
What program are you using to open the RAW file?
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 09/09/2009 - 22:44
Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
Are you using 16 bit images? I don't think you can save them as jpegs until you've first converted them to 8 bit.
Dan
Right answer.Are you using 16 bit images? I don't think you can save them as jpegs until you've first converted them to 8 bit.
Dan
Martin.
Posted 09/09/2009 - 23:26
Link
PSD - Photoshop format which can include layers and 16bit
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Posted 10/09/2009 - 09:14
Link
I do exactly what you are trying to achieve by using the Faststone browser. My RAW images are always converted to TIFF. When I want a JPEG I pull the image up in Faststone, hover the curser over the left side of the scene and the drop down menu gives me Save As. Hit that and the menu gives you all the saving options, including JPEG.
Simples.
david
PS I is fick too when it comes to computers but I think my images are 16 bit because I think that's what my K10 does. I have no probs converting to JPEG with them in Faststone.
Simples.
david
PS I is fick too when it comes to computers but I think my images are 16 bit because I think that's what my K10 does. I have no probs converting to JPEG with them in Faststone.
Posted 11/09/2009 - 09:01
Link
I believe our beloved Pentax cameras shoot in 12 bit.
The JPEG format, however, is limited to 8 bit.
TIFF supports 16 bits - no wonder the files are huge.
The JPEG format, however, is limited to 8 bit.
TIFF supports 16 bits - no wonder the files are huge.
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 11/09/2009 - 09:45
Link
16 bit working in Photoshop means that quite a few of the functions are not available, so usually we work in 8 bit.
According to fotoLibra the theoretical quality advantage of using 16 bit doesn't make any visible difference once it gets to the printed page, so buyers are not interested in the larger files. As buyers no longer want TIFFs and prefer JPEGs this isn't a surprise anyway.
According to fotoLibra the theoretical quality advantage of using 16 bit doesn't make any visible difference once it gets to the printed page, so buyers are not interested in the larger files. As buyers no longer want TIFFs and prefer JPEGs this isn't a surprise anyway.
Best regards, John
Posted 11/09/2009 - 10:09
Link
johnriley wrote:
16 bit working in Photoshop means that quite a few of the functions are not available, so usually we work in 8 bit.
Only the "creative" features not, all you need for photo editing is available, at least I never found a problem with that.
16 bit working in Photoshop means that quite a few of the functions are not available, so usually we work in 8 bit.
Posted 15/09/2009 - 16:37
Link
polchraine wrote:
PSD - Photoshop format which can include layers and 16bit
PSD - Photoshop format which can include layers and 16bit
davidtrout wrote:
I do exactly what you are trying to achieve by using the Faststone browser. My RAW images are always converted to TIFF. When I want a JPEG I pull the image up in Faststone, hover the curser over the left side of the scene and the drop down menu gives me Save As. Hit that and the menu gives you all the saving options, including JPEG.
Simples.
david
PS I is fick too when it comes to computers but I think my images are 16 bit because I think that's what my K10 does. I have no probs converting to JPEG with them in Faststone.
Dear David; Faststone?? Please would you elaborate?
I do exactly what you are trying to achieve by using the Faststone browser. My RAW images are always converted to TIFF. When I want a JPEG I pull the image up in Faststone, hover the curser over the left side of the scene and the drop down menu gives me Save As. Hit that and the menu gives you all the saving options, including JPEG.
Simples.
david
PS I is fick too when it comes to computers but I think my images are 16 bit because I think that's what my K10 does. I have no probs converting to JPEG with them in Faststone.
Best Regards, Larry.
All the gear & no idea.
All the gear & no idea.
Posted 15/09/2009 - 16:41
Link
Hello to you all,
It's so nice that you all take the bother to help a total stranger.
Really,I do appreciate all the help.
PS. I''l be back for some more!
It's so nice that you all take the bother to help a total stranger.
Really,I do appreciate all the help.
PS. I''l be back for some more!
Best Regards, Larry.
All the gear & no idea.
All the gear & no idea.
Posted 15/09/2009 - 18:43
Link
Faststone is a browser a friend of mine downloaded for me. And it was free. It's great for viewing the pictures and also carrying out some basic tasks like resizing images. Some computer wiz on here will be able to tell you how to download it.
david
david
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



205 posts
17 years
Ware,Hertfordshire
Please type slowly 'cos I is fik!
Thank's
All the gear & no idea.