Missing thread

Posted 16/10/2009 - 10:42 Link
Hmmm... Where did the K7 for sale thread go in the Classifieds section? Did I miss something? I'm guessing it deteriorated into name calling or something.

Pity, I was watching the thread with interest (not to buy, but to see how it turned out).
You will only prise my 43Ltd from my cold, dead hands...
pschlute
Posted 16/10/2009 - 10:48 Link
I didn't see the final posts but it was clearly heading for the crash barrier
gartmore
Posted 16/10/2009 - 11:25 Link
crashed and burned I'm afraid
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
thoughton
Posted 16/10/2009 - 11:35 Link
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Greytop
Posted 16/10/2009 - 12:49 Link
WobblyGoblin wrote:
Pity, I was watching the thread with interest (not to buy, but to see how it turned out).
That's probably why it disappeared, it was turning into a bit of a soap, an interesting one never-the-less
Regards Huw

flickr
aminstar
Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:17 Link
Oh no!!! Just about when I was going to chip in the thread disappeared.
What did I miss? I got to about the comment that someone wanted my input regarding the K7 as I had met the seller and seen the camera, but the thread disappeared

I have even received angry PMs from some forum members regarding this particular issue, well not directly from this forum but through my flickr account only because I showed interest in the K7
mikew
Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:21 Link
Amin - you're kidding people here bothered to abuse you via Flickr for wanting the K7? For shame.
Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
gartmore
Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:24 Link
Guys, the classified forum is for buying and selling kit, not for long discourses which are just getting in the way of buying and selling.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
aminstar
Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:38 Link
mikew wrote:
Amin - you're kidding people here bothered to abuse you via Flickr for wanting the K7? For shame.
Mike
No kidding Mike, you be the judge of it
People are so quick to assume things it really saddens me truly.
I like helping people the same way I too have been helped in many ways, thanks to my advice and efforts quite a few of my friends and work colleauges are using pentax and samsung gear. Just a couple of months ago when I managed to get hold of couple of GX20s they ended up with work colleagues now. Only last week got the 80-320 from Mike-P for one of my work mates. These people do not use internet nor have the time to look around so they rely on me to guide them and even get them the things and are enjoying photography.

Now that I have explained all that it annoys me more still because I feel that I certainly do not need to go through all that explanation regarding my actions about buying the K7 or not etc. Or the motives behind me meeting the K7 seller. For all what is due I could well have been doing that for a forum member here who doesn't live locally and I had access to the area so why wouldn't I do it for him or her? People can certainly advise or use friendly attitudes to ask or mention the reasons behind a certain action of mine or talk about it as it has been quite nicely done here, well, most of the time at least may I add, but going to the extent of writing me such a PM?

Here is the PM, so you can see that I am not exagerating

Quote:
Re: K-7 Update


Amin,

Sorry, but I have to say that I am very disappointed in you. I have just read about you meeting that person seling the K-7 on Pentax User. Given that you told me above that you have no interest in the K-7 I think that messing someone around by pretending to want to buy their camera is a bit off. I can only hope you had hoped to get it really cheap and then sell for a nice profit. I don't like it when people play games at other people's expense. I was considering re-joining the forum, but now I will stay away.

Glad you have found a camera that suits you.

May you get the results you want from it.
mikew
Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:46 Link
That's just plain weird.

If he's not on the forum how did he read the post? Anyway he's clearly not a regular member so that's some relief.

I wouldn't let it bother you nor indeed any of the other comments.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
aminstar
Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:51 Link
mikew wrote:
That's just plain weird.

If he's not on the forum how did he read the post? Anyway he's clearly not a regular member so that's some relief.

I wouldn't let it bother you nor indeed any of the other comments.

Mike
Mike, members or ex members are still able to log in as guests. And this member or EX member which I am not sure if already part of the EX definitely seems to be catching up quite regularly with updates from the forum, just not participating. Which I think its quite nice as I really believe that banning members is a bit drastic, unless all the avenues have been explored including a few warnings etc and then if to no avail then the final chop
Pwynnej
Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:53 Link
Amin,

Whilst I might sometimes go 'Oh! Amin' at some of your posts... I think it's completely wrong to bash you - I had my doubts about several things - and was worried that you could be heading into an ambush...

I also think that the fact that few members were willing to investigate further because of the doubts. Just imagine if some of the more esteemed members on here were selling their K-7, a - I think they would realise a higher price because we know of the pedigree of the camera and seller. If the seller is willing to sell you the camera for a reduced price then I think you would be perfectly entitled to sell the thing on for the price that you and the buyer agree.

What I found disappointing was the attitude of some people, there has been a lot of in-fighting over the past few months, and it is said that some people have because of it. While they have said they won't interact they would occasionally visit to check it out without contributing. Now, it seems that some people are adopting a watchdog approach and have a go at forum members, out of sight of the main forum - that's a bit cowardly wouldn't you agree?

Your 50-135? Right lens, wrong month (getting new car tomorrow:blush

peter
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
Thordell
Posted 16/10/2009 - 14:14 Link
Amin, how disappointing that you should receive such a message, what you choose to do is your business and has nothing to do with anyone else, why should you be made to explain yourself, it is too bad.

That thread is now gone but there would have been no problem had the OP given full details in the first place, your dealings with him have nothing to do with the rest of us and I am sad to see that some think they have rights to comment on your private activities.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
johnriley
Posted 16/10/2009 - 15:36 Link
The problems arose because of the large number of posts that had nothing to do with the sale.

Classifieds are just that - it's an area where you can ask questions of the seller, but not an area for a wandering discussion. And certainly not an area where we cast aspertions about people's motives.

Obviously if someone posts for the first time as a Classified Ad they will be unknown, they may even be a bit unsure of how to proceed, but we all know that and rubbing it in doesn't help at all. Just proceed with sensible caution.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo