Raw Challenge #1
Posted 14/04/2009 - 23:23
Link
Hi George
Just downloaded Irfanview and the plug-ins - it works a treat.
I just love the Pentax Forum - so many people willing to help.
Cheers
John
Just downloaded Irfanview and the plug-ins - it works a treat.
I just love the Pentax Forum - so many people willing to help.
Cheers
John
On a dark desert highway, cool Pentax K5 in my hand.
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters
Posted 15/04/2009 - 11:33
Link
Well, here's my effort.
[IMG]http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo78/chikagel/IMGP2410_ort.jpg[/IMG]
Desaturated the colour and tried to get the Orton effect. Didn't work as well as I'd hoped but haven't got the time to try any harder.
[IMG]http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo78/chikagel/IMGP2410_ort.jpg[/IMG]
Desaturated the colour and tried to get the Orton effect. Didn't work as well as I'd hoped but haven't got the time to try any harder.
Posted 15/04/2009 - 13:35
Link
I'm sorry and perhaps it is just me but I am totally bewildered as to the purpose of this thread and why anyone would feel the need to play around with such a hopelessly banal image.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 15/04/2009 - 14:31
Link
Whilst it was not on the main subject I for one gained something from this thread!! See my previous posts.
As to the image - maybe that was the point - perhaps someone could do something with the 'banal' image??
Cheers
John
As to the image - maybe that was the point - perhaps someone could do something with the 'banal' image??
Cheers
John
On a dark desert highway, cool Pentax K5 in my hand.
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters
Posted 15/04/2009 - 14:42
Link
I'm glad you found some value in it but no one is ever going to make the proverbial silk purse from such an image.
One might be forgiven for imagining that the OP was hoping to gain some insight from other people's efforts
One might be forgiven for imagining that the OP was hoping to gain some insight from other people's efforts
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 15/04/2009 - 14:48
Link
gartmore, I guess you didn't get the point, which was not to make a shiny, top quality image of the source provided, it was to make something useful, maybe even quite interesting in some way from the source provided (and the worse the source the better). I agree the first RAW maybe wasn't exciting for somebody, but honestly I'm sick with people just moaning, "the picture is not good enough to have a play with it", "we have to see the source to decide if we play", etc., but on the good side, if people will be interested so keep this idea going on, the next RAW will be good enough for some to have a go with it and even better, it will give a chance to those with a good PP skills to show them.
Posted 15/04/2009 - 15:10
Link
So is this a 'photoshopping' competetition, then?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 15/04/2009 - 15:15
Link
gartmore wrote:
So is this a 'photoshopping' competetition, then?
No we're photographers don't get us confused with those geeks So is this a 'photoshopping' competetition, then?
so it's Post Processing Competetition, atleast I believe it is...
Posted 17/04/2009 - 01:22
Link
Anvh wrote:
so it's Post Processing Competetition, atleast I believe it is...
hey i am 1 of those geeks!
gartmore wrote:
So is this a 'photoshopping' competetition, then?
No we're photographers don't get us confused with those geeks So is this a 'photoshopping' competetition, then?
so it's Post Processing Competetition, atleast I believe it is...
Posted 17/04/2009 - 11:22
Link
Sorry Foxycce, you also do photography so you're not a geek
It really is anotther form of art photoshopping and something else as post-processing what we are doing here.
It really is anotther form of art photoshopping and something else as post-processing what we are doing here.
Posted 17/04/2009 - 11:33
Link
Jan van Eyck was the best post-processor in the world. Don't knock it!
Posted 17/04/2009 - 17:49
Link
Here's my effort
[IMG]http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq253/jackitec/IMGP2410.jpg[/IMG]
Auto exposure, sharpened and fractalized.
[IMG]http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq253/jackitec/IMGP2410.jpg[/IMG]
Auto exposure, sharpened and fractalized.
Posted 17/04/2009 - 20:57
Link
Sorry was bored.
[IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/Anvh/IMGP2410-1.jpg[/IMG]
PS. I've used two photos don't know if that's allowed?
[IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/Anvh/IMGP2410-1.jpg[/IMG]
PS. I've used two photos don't know if that's allowed?
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



307 posts
21 years
Birmingham
Cheers
John
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters