Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Raby Castle Classic Car Show.

K10D
Posted 14/08/2016 - 21:53 Link
What a super day at this event. The grounds of the castle are fantastic. Herds of deer and other wildlife roaming everywhere. The castle itself is just so impressive.

I went to photograph the show so didn't get any of the above. Another visit me thinks.

Started uploading the images to the Raby Castle album here: link

All on Pentax camera's.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
droopsnoot
Posted 16/08/2016 - 12:31 Link
You do find a lot of classic car events are held at this kind of venue. I display a car at some local shows here in the North West, and we do places like Tatton Park, Cholmondeley Castle, Bodelwyddan Castle and so on. If you're there for the full day (as I am when the car is on display) it does help to have somewhere to go and look around once you've finished chatting or looking around stalls etc. I must admit that I rarely take many photos at static car shows nowadays - partly because it's difficult to get a "different" shot, and partly because there are(hopefully) lots of people milling around in the way. Case in point being the Traction Engine Rally at Astle Park (I noticed you have a set from there earlier in the year) last weekend - probably have six or seven photos in total, just because I recognise most of the vehicles from last year, and couldn't get a decent shot of most of them.

Some venues get a little boring - Bodelwyddan is a very nice place, for example, but there is a limit to how many different shots you can get year after year in a historic building that (of course) doesn't change.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Edited by droopsnoot: 16/08/2016 - 12:34

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.