Question about K-7
Posted 19/04/2010 - 12:38
Link
I would say that it's significant rather than huge under normal lighting situations, but much better in low light.
With the additional ability of being able to calibrate individual lens AF accuracy (as in the K20D as well), that alone is sufficient reason to look to upgrade. The improvement in handling and speed of operation is also very significant.
Go and try one out.
With the additional ability of being able to calibrate individual lens AF accuracy (as in the K20D as well), that alone is sufficient reason to look to upgrade. The improvement in handling and speed of operation is also very significant.
Go and try one out.
Posted 19/04/2010 - 13:02
Link
Richard beat me to it by a short head (and a slight freeze on my connection).
It's a step change because of the ability to calibrate multiple lenses individually, rather than a option to move the focus back or forward for all lens to counteract front/back focusing which the K10D has. Not all lenses are the same, so the ability to adjust for individual lenses is great. I've not noticed a great deal of speed differences bewtween the K10 and K20 or K7 as I don't normally try to photograph fast moveing objects. Some have commented in other threads that the K20 is quicker than the K7 when combined with the DA*60-250. Don't have the lens myself (SRS - pl note that when I finally get off this corner of the planet and back home, if I've not gone bankrupt or insane , I want one!), so can't comment specifically on this.
HTH
Steve
It's a step change because of the ability to calibrate multiple lenses individually, rather than a option to move the focus back or forward for all lens to counteract front/back focusing which the K10D has. Not all lenses are the same, so the ability to adjust for individual lenses is great. I've not noticed a great deal of speed differences bewtween the K10 and K20 or K7 as I don't normally try to photograph fast moveing objects. Some have commented in other threads that the K20 is quicker than the K7 when combined with the DA*60-250. Don't have the lens myself (SRS - pl note that when I finally get off this corner of the planet and back home, if I've not gone bankrupt or insane , I want one!), so can't comment specifically on this.
HTH
Steve
In the Pack - Gripped K5 (SE),K7 & K20, Gripped MZ-S(SE)& MZ-S,DA10-17, DA12-24, DA14, DA*16-50, 50-135, 60-250 & 300mm; FA31mm/43mm/77mm Ltds; Sigma 8-16, 135-400 & 150-500
Half Backs: K10+BG,DA16-45, DA50-200
Backs: LXs,Super As and lots of A, M & K lenses
Impact Subs: 28mm Shift, K 135-600 (the Banahan of Pentax zooms ), 400-600 Reflex
Half Backs: K10+BG,DA16-45, DA50-200
Backs: LXs,Super As and lots of A, M & K lenses
Impact Subs: 28mm Shift, K 135-600 (the Banahan of Pentax zooms ), 400-600 Reflex
Posted 24/04/2010 - 06:18
Link
Thanks. I can rent Pentax gear for a min. of 3 days at a time to 30days or more if it is not reserved. The K-7 is about. 25 quid for 3 days. I will give it a go.
Ponti
Ponti
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


25 posts
16 years
Brad