Pure and unfiltered

derek897
Posted 23/03/2019 - 23:23 Link
Following on from my recent posts of Milky Water, I went out today just to try and make amends for my transgression.

Here are a few of what I saw and shot, I have chosen these for either the light, form or implied texture.
All K1 + Samyang 135mm f2 @ f2

Comment Image
IMGP4872edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP4881edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP4893edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP4900ed1sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP4914edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP4933edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP4938ed12sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP4940ed1sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP4968ed1sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
I know what i like, If not always why.
derek897
Posted 24/03/2019 - 11:08 Link
Here is a hefty crop of no 8 to show what i mean

Comment Image
Ripples by dr.shutter, on Flickr
I know what i like, If not always why.
pschlute
Posted 24/03/2019 - 16:12 - Helpful Comment Link
Where's the milk ?

first and last for me please. I like the tight dof on these, and by getting in close you have revealed a lot of detail.
Dorset_Mike
Posted 24/03/2019 - 18:05 - Helpful Comment Link
Now that's water!
Regards,
Mike

Every day's a holiday!
Lubbyman
Posted 24/03/2019 - 21:04 - Helpful Comment Link
Real, running, rippling, reflecting, refreshing water. That's more like it!

A superb set, impossible to pick a favourite. And that crop of no 8 shows what can be seen if you're prepared to look and not blur it into a vague haze.

Clicking on no 3 and enlarging, the ripple pattern near the right hand end of the bright band makes an interesting abstract (to me, at least!).

Steve
Posted 24/03/2019 - 21:54 - Helpful Comment Link
Great set Derek... vmuch like both the spirit and execution of these... eye catching for me not just for the shutter speed, but also the focal length and the dof, as well as subject matter and framing... personally very much like 2 and 9, but the whole set’s really strong...

Best
davidwozhere
Posted 25/03/2019 - 00:34 - Helpful Comment Link
I refrained from commenting about dairy products but I do like these!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
DSP121
Posted 25/03/2019 - 08:40 - Helpful Comment Link
Amazing set, Derek! I love all the pics. 2nd and the last one (Crop of No. are my favorites!

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful and eye-catching photos with us!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo