Door Art

mr.mellow
Posted 21/03/2019 - 16:02 Link
Photo of a door in Funchal.

Comment Image
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.

My Flickr link
johnha
Posted 21/03/2019 - 23:06 Link
I'm familiar with these beautiful doors in Funchal (not sure if it's a custom elsewhere). I really like the framing and vibrant colours (I often frame too tight on the doorway for some reason) stepping back a bit has provided context around the door.
Sry
Posted 23/03/2019 - 19:58 Link
Nice capture. I can't say I care much for the door's artwork itself, but the painter did have a knack for blues, and you've captured it all quite elegantly.
pschlute
Posted 24/03/2019 - 16:19 Link
Very interesting image. Have you more of these doors?

To my shame I have never been to Portugal or it's islands. Unless you allow me Macau ?
wvbarnes
Posted 24/03/2019 - 17:25 Link
Excellent. We love it there. Local artists brightening up unused doors in Funchal's Old Town, mainly on Rua De Santa Maria. I can't resist photographing some of them every time we visit. Art/Sculpture every where you go as well

Google 'Funchal Door Art' and you can see many more. Very narrow street and often busy so always a challenge.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo