Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Problem with downloading from my K7 into CS3

rustytheclown
Posted 12/08/2011 - 15:10 Link
Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help me? I have recently upgraded from a K200 to a K7. I have always used Photoshop Bridge CS3 to upload my RAW files onto my computer but have just plugged my K7 in for the first time and downloaded the images ok but there is no preview in bridge and I cant open the pictures in Photoshop, it flashes up a message" could not complete your request because its not the right kind of document. Any ideas what is going wrong?
Regards
Russ.

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs"
Ansel Adams
Charlotte
Posted 12/08/2011 - 15:15 Link
Hi Russ,

Unless you've told your camera otherwise, it has probably saved the RAW images in PEF which your photoshop can't read.

I did this on my k-r when I started using RAW and had to load the pictures onto the pentax processing package that came with the camera and save them in DNG.

There might be a possibility of updating your CS3 to accept the PEF files though.

Kind regards

Charlotte
Chrism8
Posted 12/08/2011 - 15:34 Link
Hiya, recently had the same problem but with CS4, set the K5 to save as .dng and that'll solve the problem.
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
DOIK
Posted 12/08/2011 - 17:17 Link
K7 Pef files are supported in Camera Raw 6 but CR6 is not compatible below Photoshop CS5. DNG files are fine. LINK

John
grahamwalton
Posted 12/08/2011 - 17:30 Link
There is a free DNG Converter available from the Adobe site which will convert all your previous PEF files.
DNG is the Adobe standard raw format and hopefully is very future proof for long time compatability.
Friendly Regards
Graham
rustytheclown
Posted 12/08/2011 - 18:03 Link
Thanks all. This has fixed my problem.
Regards
Russ.

Ansel Adams
rustytheclown
Posted 13/08/2011 - 09:46 Link
grahamwalton wrote:
There is a free DNG Converter available from the Adobe site which will convert all your previous PEF files.
DNG is the Adobe standard raw format and hopefully is very future proof for long time compatability.

Graham,
I had a look for this but could not find it. is it a stand alone program or a plug in for Photoshop?
Regards
Russ.

Ansel Adams
DOIK
Posted 13/08/2011 - 10:11 Link
LINK

John
rustytheclown
Posted 13/08/2011 - 14:57 Link
Thanks all, I am now downloading my files and have converted all the previous ones with you help
Regards
Russ.

Ansel Adams

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.