Posting photos
Posted 09/02/2009 - 15:56
Link
Does Flickr allow hot linking? If so then you copy the URL of your photo, then on the forum click on Image in the tabs below the add a comment section. You then need to paste the URL between {img}(square brackets though!) and [/img]
Edited to correct the display of the tags.
Edited to correct the display of the tags.
Posted 09/02/2009 - 16:01
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Does Flickr allow hot linking? If so then you copy the URL of your photo, then on the forum click on Image in the tabs below the add a comment section. You then need to paste the URL between {img}(square brackets though!) and [/img]
Edited to correct the display of the tags.
Hi Gwyn, Thanks for the quick response. I have followed these steps, and I am told that FLICKR allows hot linking, but I am beginning to doubt it!
Does Flickr allow hot linking? If so then you copy the URL of your photo, then on the forum click on Image in the tabs below the add a comment section. You then need to paste the URL between {img}(square brackets though!) and [/img]
Edited to correct the display of the tags.
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.
K20D and various stuff.
Posted 09/02/2009 - 16:58
Link
Ken, post the URL of one of your photo or PM me with it if you prefer and I'll give it a try.
Posted 09/02/2009 - 21:17
Link
Ken.
In Flickr click on the picture you want to post. When it has come up click on the "All sizes" button above it. On the next page choose an appropriate size, 800 pixels across maximum (it often defaults to that size so you can just stick with it). Underneath the picture are two boxes, one with a long address, one with a short one. Copy the short one, then come to here. Click on the image button, and then paste the URL into the pop-up box.
Cheers, Kris.
In Flickr click on the picture you want to post. When it has come up click on the "All sizes" button above it. On the next page choose an appropriate size, 800 pixels across maximum (it often defaults to that size so you can just stick with it). Underneath the picture are two boxes, one with a long address, one with a short one. Copy the short one, then come to here. Click on the image button, and then paste the URL into the pop-up box.
Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 10/02/2009 - 10:26
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Ken, post the URL of one of your photo or PM me with it if you prefer and I'll give it a try.
Tks Gwyn, here we go....Ken, post the URL of one of your photo or PM me with it if you prefer and I'll give it a try.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3266101695_6287c49f9c_o.jpg
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.
K20D and various stuff.
Posted 10/02/2009 - 13:27
Link
womble wrote:
Ken.
In Flickr click on the picture you want to post. When it has come up click on the "All sizes" button above it. On the next page choose an appropriate size, 800 pixels across maximum (it often defaults to that size so you can just stick with it). Underneath the picture are two boxes, one with a long address, one with a short one. Copy the short one, then come to here. Click on the image button, and then paste the URL into the pop-up box.
Cheers, Kris.
Thanks for your time Kris - I am afraid that I have tried these steps without success!
Ken.
In Flickr click on the picture you want to post. When it has come up click on the "All sizes" button above it. On the next page choose an appropriate size, 800 pixels across maximum (it often defaults to that size so you can just stick with it). Underneath the picture are two boxes, one with a long address, one with a short one. Copy the short one, then come to here. Click on the image button, and then paste the URL into the pop-up box.
Cheers, Kris.
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.
K20D and various stuff.
Posted 10/02/2009 - 15:18
Link
Posted 12/02/2009 - 23:22
Link
tks Gwyn
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.
K20D and various stuff.
Posted 13/02/2009 - 00:48
Link
KenH wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="womble"... Click on the image button, and then paste the URL into the pop-up box.
Thanks for your time Kris - I am afraid that I have tried these steps without success![/quote]Opps I should have said between the img tags not the pop up box. You obviously got almost all the way there because you pasted the URL for Gwyn. When you click in the Image button two tags appear with img in between square brackets. Just paste the URL between the two tags.[quote:3496ace15f="womble"... Click on the image button, and then paste the URL into the pop-up box.
Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 13/02/2009 - 16:07
Link
I have just tried three times to get this technique to work and NO photo comes up in the box, only a red cross. I found the long URL and the short URL boxes in Flickr BUT it would NOT allow me to select and 'copy'the short one as there is an order from Flickr saying you must NOT use the short one for sending photos to another site, and the long URL pasted between the[img] tag things doesn't work. I USED to get my photos from 'photogalaxy' to work OK but now I get a funny error message come up on photogalaxy when I try to access the hosting bit and cannot get into it - maybe it has gone bust or something, so I can only upload my photos from my computer store in the members' Gallery page.
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Posted 13/02/2009 - 16:14
Link
All this confirms my opinion that the best way to post photos is in the Gallery. Friends can comment on them there if they wish. Its so easy, no fuss.
david
david
Posted 13/02/2009 - 16:22
Link
Peter I don't understand why you are having a problem. All I did with Ken's photo was copy the URL he posted between the image tags, and it cam up fine.
I shall stick to Photobucket for hotlinking, and Jalbum for my personal website photos for family and friends to see and comment on.
I shan't be using the gallery at all, photos get lost in the sheer volume posted there. I have given up visiting it.
I shall stick to Photobucket for hotlinking, and Jalbum for my personal website photos for family and friends to see and comment on.
I shan't be using the gallery at all, photos get lost in the sheer volume posted there. I have given up visiting it.
Posted 15/02/2009 - 10:47
Link
Gyn : yes, I did the 'pasting'bit but when I looked the 'cursor' was flashing and it was not outside the last[img]tag but still a couple of characters inside- no matter how many times I tried it would not paste correctly. I have put more photos on the ordinary Gallery as I know how to do it there! Also, Flickr would NOT allow me to copy the 'short'URL.
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Posted 15/02/2009 - 11:06
Link

Trying a new idea-----
SUCCESS !!! I have got rid of the red Box thing and seen the photo at last ! This time I clicked on 'small'in the image size box on Flickr and it allowed me to copy the 'short URL' and it pasted OK.
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



191 posts
18 years
Now come to this forum and click in the message box so you get the flashing cursor. For some hosting services click the "Img" tag shown above the message box. Paste (Ctrl +V) the URL. Click the "Img*" tag again. This is simplified with Photobucket, and you only need to paste as Photobucket inserts the Img tags automatically - they are already included in the URL.
Host is FLICKR.COM
Any ideas
Many Thanks
K20D and various stuff.