Portrait Critiques please
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.
Photograph titled 'Into the woods' by sueriley selected as Pentax User's Photo of the Week.
Asahi Photo are offering free SLR health checks exclusively for the Pentax User membership.
Proudly supporting Pentax User |
||
![]() |
![]() |
|
139 posts
12 years
I'm afraid I fall into the complete ignorance of portrait lighting camp but I wonder if a simple off camera flash with diffuser like I use myself for macro or a lumiquest ultrasoft could help?
All that Ralph says sounds like good advice, all I would say is that the brief time you spend with people is a lot of what makes the project special and becoming too entwined in posing models won't help the "humanity" factor
On a different note have you considered getting business cards printed to hand to people after you've shot them with a link to your web pages on the front and a brief explanation of the project on the back. If was me you'd approached on the street I'd be much happier walking away with some info
Carry on the good work
Pete A
Me link