Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

Poppy field

cardiffgareth
Posted 08/07/2021 - 18:52 Link
All Pentax K1 and either DA* 60-250mm or D FA 24-70mm

The light was great about 20 minutes before taking these but a cloud that hung low meant the sun went behind it and all the good light was gone. I shot close up intimate landscapes if you will call them of just the flowers on the land when the light was killed. These range in style as they'll go onto a local FB group for my location and from memory, people like different things!

Comment Image
Poppy Field by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 08/07/2021 - 18:57 Link
Gorgeous images , 1,4 and 8 being my top 3.
Such a fantastic scene I imagine you could have shot so many more 😊
“Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.” – Ansel Adams
Posted 08/07/2021 - 20:19 Link
2 is great!
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Sry
Posted 08/07/2021 - 20:38 Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
from memory, people like different things!

Indeed! And my own favorite is 4, lovely and lively character to it Gareth. I'm not a colour expert, nor do I have a calibrated screen, but does the complete set seem a bit oversaturated to me? Then again, poppy red certainly commands attention, and it might just be a matter of taste regarding the representation thereof...
davidwozhere
Posted 09/07/2021 - 01:15 Link
Colour looks about right to me. Lovely set of which I like #3 because it sets such a tranquil context.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
psburnley
Posted 09/07/2021 - 10:31 Link
Well done with these photos Gareth. A subject which I have photographed many times and seen hundreds of other photos yet you manage to bring some interesting images. Number 2 and 8 are the ones which catch my eye particularly.
Lubbyman
Posted 09/07/2021 - 11:15 Link
Another vote for 2 and 8. In 2, it's both the light and the poppy flowers seeming to hover above the surface of the field. In 8, it's the poppies forming a figure-8 with crossing point in the centre of the picture that makes it more than just another picture of a lot of poppies in a field. Nice!

Steve
Flan
Posted 09/07/2021 - 13:51 Link
Agree with everyone,great photography Gareth
Number 8 if had to choose
It’s a great composition and superbly executed
LennyBloke
Posted 09/07/2021 - 16:42 Link
5 and 8 are the standouts for me, mainly because of their simplicity - presumably the light was quite changeable as there seems different colour casts to some shots. No.2 is a contender but the clouds look a little overdone for me. Good to see you spreading your portfolio even further Gareth
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.