Poppy field

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 08/07/2021 - 18:52
All Pentax K1 and either DA* 60-250mm or D FA 24-70mm

The light was great about 20 minutes before taking these but a cloud that hung low meant the sun went behind it and all the good light was gone. I shot close up intimate landscapes if you will call them of just the flowers on the land when the light was killed. These range in style as they'll go onto a local FB group for my location and from memory, people like different things!

Poppy Field by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Fishbones

Link Posted 08/07/2021 - 18:57
Gorgeous images , 1,4 and 8 being my top 3.
Such a fantastic scene I imagine you could have shot so many more 😊
Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop. Ansel Adams

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 08/07/2021 - 20:19
2 is great!
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
K-S2 and suffering from a relapse and so now buying digital camera kit - started with a little Lumix TZ80 and now LBA has re-occured for my K-S2. Not sure where it will lead!
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more

Sry

Link Posted 08/07/2021 - 20:38
cardiffgareth wrote:
from memory, people like different things!

Indeed! And my own favorite is 4, lovely and lively character to it Gareth. I'm not a colour expert, nor do I have a calibrated screen, but does the complete set seem a bit oversaturated to me? Then again, poppy red certainly commands attention, and it might just be a matter of taste regarding the representation thereof...

davidwozhere

Link Posted 09/07/2021 - 01:15
Colour looks about right to me. Lovely set of which I like #3 because it sets such a tranquil context.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

psburnley

Link Posted 09/07/2021 - 10:31
Well done with these photos Gareth. A subject which I have photographed many times and seen hundreds of other photos yet you manage to bring some interesting images. Number 2 and 8 are the ones which catch my eye particularly.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 09/07/2021 - 11:15
Another vote for 2 and 8. In 2, it's both the light and the poppy flowers seeming to hover above the surface of the field. In 8, it's the poppies forming a figure-8 with crossing point in the centre of the picture that makes it more than just another picture of a lot of poppies in a field. Nice!

Steve

Flan

Link Posted 09/07/2021 - 13:51
Agree with everyone,great photography Gareth
Number 8 if had to choose
Its a great composition and superbly executed

LennyBloke

Link Posted 09/07/2021 - 16:42
5 and 8 are the standouts for me, mainly because of their simplicity - presumably the light was quite changeable as there seems different colour casts to some shots. No.2 is a contender but the clouds look a little overdone for me. Good to see you spreading your portfolio even further Gareth
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.