Playing with old lenses
Posted 09/11/2009 - 07:44
Link
I find all these shots absolutely stunning. I can't even make up my mind about which one is my favourite one because I like all of them.
These are very impressive results
These are very impressive results
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 09/11/2009 - 08:52
Link
Lovely images with some lovely old lenses. This to me demonstrates a huge advantage of the Pentax system.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 09/11/2009 - 09:27
Link
Some cracking shots mate, I especially love the 3rd one...
K7
DA 18-55 WR
DA 55-200mm WR
Pentax SMC 50mm f1.4
DA 18-55 WR
DA 55-200mm WR
Pentax SMC 50mm f1.4
Posted 09/11/2009 - 10:33
Link
5 and 6 for me! All nice shots though, very crisp results. Buy them all!!!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 09/11/2009 - 20:44
Link
Thank you guys. I couldn't believe my luck when we arrived at Brightlingsea. Never been there before, just knew the sun was setting. The only downer was that I didn't have a tripod.
Matt
GX20; DA 17-70 F4; 18-55 kit; Ricoh 50mm F2; Vivitar 75-205mm F3.8
GX20; DA 17-70 F4; 18-55 kit; Ricoh 50mm F2; Vivitar 75-205mm F3.8
Posted 10/11/2009 - 11:57
Link
I love the results from these old lenses they always provide such a bargin at a fraction of the price of todays auto versions. Im always on the look out for a nice copy.
Ian
Ian
Posted 10/11/2009 - 12:02
Link
Very nice shots. I also like the old MF lenses, which are remarkably compact, built with great precision, and will hopefully be usable on a FF dSLR one day! My lightweight kit is to stick one MF prime on the camera, and carry a couple in my pockets. The 49mm filter diameter consistent across many of the lenses helps too.
Posted 10/11/2009 - 16:24
Link
Very nice set of images Matt, my favs, 3 & 5.
Looks like a good buy, if the price is right.
Looks like a good buy, if the price is right.
Cheers
Ali
ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Ali
ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Posted 17/11/2009 - 22:16
Link
Matt
Those certainly are lovely shots of Brightlingsea.
Rob
Those certainly are lovely shots of Brightlingsea.
Rob
Posted 17/11/2009 - 22:23
Link
I have lots of old lenses - i just need to get at good as this - a cracking set of pictures.
K7D DA 18-55 mk11WR|50-200 wr|DA16-45|Tamron SP90|lots of manual pentax glass
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


141 posts
16 years
Saffron Walden
35-70mm in the Castle park. Seems a nice sharp lens:
[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/mattcambs/SG202439_DEV.jpg[/IMG]
28mm very very nice, but a fair bit of barreling:
[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/mattcambs/SG202454_DEV.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/mattcambs/SG202455_DEV.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/mattcambs/SG202471_DEV.jpg[/IMG]
55mm. Seems pretty damn good too:
[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/mattcambs/SG202486_DEV.jpg[/IMG]
My favourite was with the 28mm. A couple taking a romantic sunset walk:
[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/mattcambs/SG202474_DEV.jpg[/IMG]
C&C more than welcome. I'm tempted to make an offer for the lenses.
GX20; DA 17-70 F4; 18-55 kit; Ricoh 50mm F2; Vivitar 75-205mm F3.8