PKA/RICOH LENSES

smc
Posted 23/10/2006 - 13:06 Link
I know this has been covered elsewhare, but I would be grateful if someone knows if it is the Ricoh pin or the hole in the mount that fouls the af mechanism on Pentax AF SLRs. I have successfully removed the pin from a teleconverter but wanted to check, just in case.......
George Lazarette
Posted 24/10/2006 - 01:17 Link
The pin gets stuck in the hole in the mount where the AF shaft is located. No pin = no problem.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
smc
Posted 24/10/2006 - 08:34 Link
Thank you
Kimbo
Posted 25/10/2006 - 03:52 Link
Ricoh lenses aren't at all bad, if it's an easy job to remove the pin, I should think it would be well worth the effort
Die my dear doctor, that's the last thing I shall do!
smc
Posted 25/10/2006 - 08:22 Link
The lens is a a Vivitar 2xmacro converter which has variable magnification up to 1:1 depending on the lens used. It works well and is worth saving I think

I have also have a Vivitar 28mm f2.0 which needs the same treatment. It should be a good standard lens on the istDS.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo