Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Photo withdrawn

Cameralucida
Posted 19/11/2011 - 06:10 Link
I was commenting on a really fine photograph earlier and as I pressed the Send button, an information message appeared to inform me that the photo had been withdrawn. I'm not sure what happened - can someone please elucidate?
snappychappy
Posted 19/11/2011 - 06:20 Link
Must have infringed forum rules, a mod deleted it?
Cameralucida
Posted 19/11/2011 - 08:22 Link
Nope - it was quite harmless (two butterflies mating ). Can the poster of a photo remove it before comments are added? Perhaps that is what happened.
johnriley
Posted 19/11/2011 - 08:42 Link
If you PM me the details I'll have a look for you, but the most likely explanation is that the poster deleted their image for some reason.
Best regards, John
GlynM
Posted 19/11/2011 - 09:09 Link
There are two pictures, one very recent, that fit this description in the current "All Things Two" weekly competition here and wonder if the poster of the picture in question accidentally put it in the main gallery and then subsequently moved it.

Of course now, if this supposition is correct, you should not post a comment under the image until after the competition has closed (Midnight GMT on Sunday) although you can post a comment in the the discussion thread for this competition here at anytime.

Glyn
Edited by GlynM: 19/11/2011 - 09:21
johnriley
Posted 19/11/2011 - 09:22 Link
You could post an image in the Gallery and then post it in the competition. It could be done by mistake.

You can't post a replacement image in the competition, so errors there mean we wait till the following week's competition to post again.

Thanks Glyn, it's a possibility that this is indeed the image being mentioned.
Best regards, John
Cameralucida
Posted 19/11/2011 - 09:40 Link
Hi John and GlynM:
You are right. It is indeed the photo that now appears in the competition.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.