Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Perfect shot in the dark

oldhat
Posted 02/02/2017 - 17:53 Link
Is this the answer to low light photography.
Interesting article in today's Times about the first perfect digital camera, capable of recording each individual particle in low light, being developed by American researchers. Professor Fossum, who invented the technology that powers the process in smartphones,
and who has just been awarded the 2017 Queen Elizabeth prize for engineering, is working on a CMOS chip with a billion pixels that can each detect single photons at room temperature. It is expected to be available to scientists in five years and to the public in 10 years - or is this wishful thinking!!!!!!
JAK
Posted 02/02/2017 - 19:17 Link
oldhat wrote:
Is this the answer to low light photography.
Interesting article in today's Times about the first perfect digital camera, capable of recording each individual particle in low light, being developed by American researchers. Professor Fossum, who invented the technology that powers the process in smartphones,
and who has just been awarded the 2017 Queen Elizabeth prize for engineering, is working on a CMOS chip with a billion pixels that can each detect single photons at room temperature. It is expected to be available to scientists in five years and to the public in 10 years - or is this wishful thinking!!!!!!

Probably the K3ii replacement scheduled for an April 1st release date.
John K
Edited by JAK: 02/02/2017 - 19:17
alfpics
Posted 02/02/2017 - 19:56 Link
And with a new Quantum Processor from research just announced at Sussex Uni to get the images out of it.
Andy
Posted 06/02/2017 - 08:44 Link
I often enhance the quality of my recorded pictures with some post process software such as format factory and Improve Video Quality
jimoben
Posted 07/02/2017 - 15:59 Link
That sounds like an amazing prospect! If there's one thing I most struggle to get right it's snapping in low-level light... not a unique problem though, granted!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.