Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax Optio S Question - Manual control over shutter/aperature

Vivek
Posted 16/04/2003 - 18:46 Link
Hi,

Does anyone know how to acheive some manual control over aperature setting and shutter settings? For example, if I use the portrait mode, does this force the aperature to open to the max (f2.6)? Or if I manually change the EV (+/- 2.0) does this change the aperature or the shutter settings? Is there any other way to play with the aperature/shutter settings (there doesn't seem to be any direct manual control over these)?

Please reply to

Vivek
Pete Bargh
Posted 17/04/2003 - 17:53 Link
You can't set manual on this model. Your only control is the exposure compensation setting but the aperture is not indicated.
Publisher
Magezine Publishing Ltd
Vivek
Posted 17/04/2003 - 22:25 Link
I know there is no "direct" manual control over aperature and shutter speed. Are there any other "creative" ways to acheive some indirect level of control over the aperature/shutter settings...if I manually change the EV (+/- 2.0) does this change the shutter settings to allow me to intentionally "blurr" images? Is there any other way to play with the aperature/shutter settings indirectly for creative purposes (say I want to create a "blurr" effect when photographing a fast car, so I want a very slow shutter speed) ?

Please reply to

Vivek
Egarrard
Posted 01/08/2003 - 17:56 Link
Try landscape mode to make it shoot at the smallest aperture. That should slow the shutter speed down for the blur effect.
matt
Posted 19/01/2004 - 18:29 Link
Is it possible to use "Best shot" files that the Casio Exilim Z3/Z4 uses? These cameras are almost identical to the Optio S/S4.

matt
Free Optio S/S4 user group: http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/myOptioS/

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.