Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax MV. Entry level

Posted 11/07/2016 - 00:33 Link
I recently went into a mobile phone accessiory store and spotted on my way out a slr camera , which happenened to be Pentax MV with a pentax 50 f(2) lens "no caps".
It appears to be in good condition and the asking price is £35 .
On checking online I found this camera is very much a basic camera suitable for entry level photography.
I was hopefull that forum members could recomend/ suggest other Pentax Slr , suitable for a novice film user .

Regards

Nadeem
johnriley
Posted 11/07/2016 - 07:07 Link
The MV is essentially a stripped down ME/ME Super design. There are no shutter speeds in the viewfinder, just traffic lights where green means a fast enough shutter speed for a 50mm lens and amber means a tripod is needed. Red means over-exposure and a smaller aperture should be selected until the light turns green. There is no timer, no exposure lock, just a simple SLR.

However, it's also very light and compact and can take images just as good as any other SLR using film.

For more control, look for an ME Super, one of the most ergonomic designs ever made.
Best regards, John
Posted 11/07/2016 - 10:11 Link
Thanks John ,
There is an old camera store selling an ME With 50 (1.7) .
Will this be a different camer?

The traffic ligjt system does have its appeal , as it seems a good indicater , for correct exposure.

Regards
johnriley
Posted 11/07/2016 - 11:12 Link
The original ME is also a simple camera, but this time with a silver coated pentaprism (brighter viewfinder), self timer, heavier construction, shutter speeds displayed in viewfinder, wider shutter speed range, exposure compensation.......but it's the first and the oldest so do check everything works. The seals may well need replacing.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.