Pentax Z1 75 years edition and 28-70mm lens

PentaxUser-Mark

Link Posted 11/10/2010 - 16:07
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me with prices for a few items I am thinking of selling, they are quite unusual and can't find any for sale

It is a camera and lens combination in a presentation box with 75 years Pentax on top

The camera is a silver Pentax Z1 75 and lens is a 28-70mm FA* 2.8 again in silver with a large hood, there is a plastic card with a edition number out of 500 in the box

I don't know if it would be best to sell together, separately or just hang onto it for a few years

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Pwynnej

Link Posted 11/10/2010 - 16:52
Hi Mark,

Sadly - a standard Z-1 doesn't attract much interest sadly, the 75th edition is quite rare so I don't know what sort of premium it attracts over the standard camera..

The lens itself is quite valuable - but to find both together - one out of 500 hmmm, I think collectors may be more interested...

Peter
K20D, Z-1p, Z-1
F50 1.7,FAs 24,31,35,50 1.4,77,85,135. DA*16-50. DA*60-250. DA*300 D-FA 100
SA 12-24.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon

nicolas1970i

Link Posted 11/10/2010 - 17:46
If that helps, there was (it's gone now but it stayed there for a while) an FA* 28-70 listed on Mifsud's website for 499£.
I would think if your lens is a special edition then it should command a premium over "ordinary" copies, but that may be true only if the package stays unsplit.

Good luck with your sale in any case!

PentaxUser-Mark

Link Posted 11/10/2010 - 19:22
Thank you for kind replies

Yes I was thinking it would have the best value to a collector, I suppose the main market for something like this would be Japan?

womble

Link Posted 11/10/2010 - 20:15
As a set the camera will be worth something but most interest will be in the lens. On this occasion do not split the two! I don't think that the market will be specifically Japanese, there are plenty of UK/US/European users and collectors, as well as a big market in China.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

womble

Link Posted 11/10/2010 - 20:18
Bojidar Dimitrov's website calls the camera a Z-1 SE and he states it comes up "once in a lifetime".

It would be great if you would post some images of it in the "Equipment" section for the nerds amongst us.

Thanks, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

PentaxUser-Mark

Link Posted 11/10/2010 - 20:29
Thanks for info Kris

I will take a photo in the morning and put it up for you to look at

Mark

PentaxUser-Mark

Link Posted 12/10/2010 - 17:25
Couple of pictures attached as promised

womble

Link Posted 12/10/2010 - 19:06
That is a very handsome set. Thank you for the pictures. Bojidar Dimitrov might like them too as the image he has on the k-mount pages is dire.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear

My website

PentaxUser-Mark

Link Posted 12/10/2010 - 19:28
Thanks Kris

He is welccome to use them if he sees this

Kind Regards

Mark

Algernon

Link Posted 12/10/2010 - 19:38
That looks the business You should have no trouble selling that.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Pwynnej

Link Posted 12/10/2010 - 20:01
That 28-70 lens looks pristine, just like the camera - whereas the lens in Mifsuds that sold recently was, I think, in need of a service, and my Z-1 (well-travelled) looks tatty in comparison....

Unlike DSLRs the Z-1 special edition differed only in appearance to the standard camera, but my tatty Z-1 looks in remarkably good condition despite the abuse I give it - it refuses to die
K20D, Z-1p, Z-1
F50 1.7,FAs 24,31,35,50 1.4,77,85,135. DA*16-50. DA*60-250. DA*300 D-FA 100
SA 12-24.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon

Dangermouse

Link Posted 12/10/2010 - 20:58
I think a standard Z1 is the only AF SLR I'd like to add to my collection, for a rather esoteric reason. It can be set to leave the film leader out, making it compatible with my daylight developing tank which loads film in the same way as a camera does.

Unless any of the MZ series can do this?
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Algernon

Link Posted 12/10/2010 - 21:27
Dangermouse wrote:
I think a standard Z1 is the only AF SLR I'd like to add to my collection, for a rather esoteric reason. It can be set to leave the film leader out, making it compatible with my daylight developing tank which loads film in the same way as a camera does.

Does the Z1-p do that as well Matt, I've got both, but can't
remember. I think the Z1-p had an extra item on the menu as
well as panorama mode. Really nice cameras to use with the
two wheels.... similar to digital.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Dangermouse

Link Posted 12/10/2010 - 21:31
Not sure - I remember reading that the Z-5 can also do it but has to be set up by a Pentax dealer (and I doubt any still have the kit to do this, unless it was some sort of secret debug mode).
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.