Pentax K3 Prestige

K10D

Link Posted 24/07/2014 - 05:11
Roll up roll up, another K3 variant just announced by Ricoh.

link

Buy one quick as Ltd numbers available.

Me, I think it's a prequel to the next major product announcement that may be announced at Photokina.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 24/07/2014 - 05:53
Very pretty - not sure I'd pay much extra just for a different colour though.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Fletcher8

Link Posted 24/07/2014 - 08:10
I think a new camera is on the horizon. I wonder what Photokina will bring?
Fletcher8.

Gwyn

Link Posted 24/07/2014 - 09:43
Fletcher8 wrote:
I think a new camera is on the horizon. I wonder what Photokina will bring?

I'm just contemplating a day trip to Cologne funnily enough. Photokina have sent me a couple of mails about it, and the train fare is cheap enough so maybe I'll go again. I enjoyed it the last time I went but it was a tiring day.

I wouldn't pay the premium for that K-3. Just for a change of colour? Nah.

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 24/07/2014 - 11:35
It does look nice in that grey but that on its own is only worth about 20-25 in my estimation.

As some posters above have hinted at ..its probably just a means of filling a blank month or so with nothing happening before Photokina. Presumably before the end of August we'll get the 'official' leak about the K60/K600 and retro K-L that were mentioned in February.

I'd expect a 50 reduction on the K5II very soon as its starting to look a bit vulnerable at its current price...also some dealers risk being left with unsaleable K30s at the ridiculous prices they are asking. August is normally the best month outside Christmas to pick up some bargains...lets see what happens.

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 24/07/2014 - 16:47
It looks lovely. I much prefer that to the silver version.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

Mike-P

Link Posted 24/07/2014 - 17:06
Pentaxophile wrote:
It looks lovely. I much prefer that to the silver version.

Likewise.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

bretti_kivi

Link Posted 24/07/2014 - 21:27
US prices for K5IIs are around $700 and the K3 is being pushed with FLUcard, Grip and 540 flash for $1300 / 900 or so... so I'd agree, there will probably be another drop at some point. K5 II looks silly-expensive in the UK.

I'm also wondering just how much of this is Pentax / Ricoh's doing and not necessarily that of the dealer, with enforced internet pricing...

I much preferred the silver K5 to the original simply because the grip was better. There's no observation on that this time around, which is probably a good thing. Adding a different finish and a new strap for a premium is a bit cynical if you ask me, though I have heard that sales of interchangeable lens cameras are on their way down.

- Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.

K10D

Link Posted 25/07/2014 - 00:00
bretti_kivi wrote:
K5 II looks silly-expensive in the UK.

I'm also wondering just how much of this is Pentax / Ricoh's doing and not necessarily that of the dealer, with enforced internet pricing... - Bret

I think that if the internet pricing is enforced by Ricoh they are doing a great job here in Australia. The prices are simply irresistible.

Even Sigma ART lenses are much cheaper than the UK so it's not just Ricoh.

As for the Silver SE K3, it does look like plastic, I said that when mine arrived.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Spider-Man

Link Posted 25/07/2014 - 10:49
I'm not sure the K3 Prestige edition's price does represent a premium? On the forums news page it says the K3 Prestige edition is going to be 1099 in the UK, which is cheaper than the silver and black special edition currently retails at, even with Pentax/ retailer discounts!

To me this suggests that the prices for all the other variants of the K3, (and then by necessity the rest of the Pentax DSLR range) are likely to drop shortly, so that the Prestige is the top product?

I think it does look cool in Gun Metal, but I'd be interested to know from K3 silver and black owners how well the silver holds up after reasonable wear and use, before I committed to buy anything other than all black.

Regards,
Spider-Man
It's not the strongest species that survive, nor is it the most intelligent. It is those most adaptable to change.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.