Pentax K3 iii Next Week
Posted 31/03/2021 - 13:24
Link
Pwynnej wrote:
But the K10D was not released in 2008
Yes you are right. It all seems such a long time ago.
But the K10D was not released in 2008
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 31/03/2021 - 15:52
Link
Mike-P wrote:
I went on the Talkphotography forum and everyone told me to buy Canon or Nikon because Pentax would be bankrupt within a year so I came here, saw some macro shots taken with the K10D and the rest is history.
I almost bought a Canon but some snotty sales assistant in the shop annoyed me so much I walked out without buying anything. A couple of months later my then girlfriend (now wife) showed me a review of the K10D and, amongst other things, the fact I could use my old glass on it had me reaching for my wallet. The rest is history...
I went on the Talkphotography forum and everyone told me to buy Canon or Nikon because Pentax would be bankrupt within a year so I came here, saw some macro shots taken with the K10D and the rest is history.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 31/03/2021 - 17:23
Link
Looks a lovely camera, but it ain't cheap!
I'll be keeping a very keen eye on comments around the AF performance in all upcoming reviews, really think this is where a telling difference to earlier models could be made. All the current noises coming from Ricoh suggest it will be notably improved.
I'll be keeping a very keen eye on comments around the AF performance in all upcoming reviews, really think this is where a telling difference to earlier models could be made. All the current noises coming from Ricoh suggest it will be notably improved.
Posted 31/03/2021 - 17:39
Link
There’s a video on the other side Pentax forums with a photographer first initial experience, clarity in the viewfinder and rear screen on a different level also high iso performance is also major step forward
Posted 31/03/2021 - 18:12
Link
Flan wrote:
There’s a video on the other side Pentax forums with a photographer first initial experience, clarity in the viewfinder and rear screen on a different level also high iso performance is also major step forward
It looks a decent step up in quite a few areas, but it's the AF that would make me think seriously about an upgrade
There’s a video on the other side Pentax forums with a photographer first initial experience, clarity in the viewfinder and rear screen on a different level also high iso performance is also major step forward
Posted 31/03/2021 - 18:17
Link
mattie wrote:
Have you seen this youtube video link
Flan wrote:
There’s a video on the other side Pentax forums with a photographer first initial experience, clarity in the viewfinder and rear screen on a different level also high iso performance is also major step forward
It looks a decent step up in quite a few areas, but it's the AF that would make me think seriously about an upgradeThere’s a video on the other side Pentax forums with a photographer first initial experience, clarity in the viewfinder and rear screen on a different level also high iso performance is also major step forward
Posted 31/03/2021 - 18:24
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Ta for link Mike (apols - was reading another post whilst replying!)mattie wrote:
Have you seen this youtube video linkFlan wrote:
There’s a video on the other side Pentax forums with a photographer first initial experience, clarity in the viewfinder and rear screen on a different level also high iso performance is also major step forward
It looks a decent step up in quite a few areas, but it's the AF that would make me think seriously about an upgradeThere’s a video on the other side Pentax forums with a photographer first initial experience, clarity in the viewfinder and rear screen on a different level also high iso performance is also major step forward
My GH5 has the joystick controller for AF point and it's so much easier than any other method I've tried. The choice of a load more AF point is an added bonus, and the joystick will really help exploit these.
The promise of the tracking is the real standout for me, I've just never had any real joy with any Pentax body (admittedly the lenses are older sigmas but they're decent primes) so getting that functioning - and the critical focus more consistent - wold be such a bonus. My GH5 is much better than my K3, despite being contrast focus, so really keen to see how the K3III goes. Much as I llke the GH5 it's just not the same as looking through a real viewfinder.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


13627 posts
18 years
Hythe,
Hampshire UK
Ah I was wrong about the K100D I thought it came out more or less the same time as the K10D. And I thought the K100D Super was the variant that gained SR.
But the K10D was not released in 2008, that I am sure of, as I bought mine in 2007, wikipedia says 2006 for the K10D. The K20D came out in 2008.
I went on the Talkphotography forum and everyone told me to buy Canon or Nikon because Pentax would be bankrupt within a year so I came here, saw some macro shots taken with the K10D and the rest is history.