Pentax K10D

iceblinker

Link Posted 28/02/2008 - 05:57
hefty1 wrote:
daltoned wrote:
Can I assume that the advice applies to the Sigma 70-300 on a K10d

I don't actually own the Sigma but I'd be very suprised if it offered a noticeable improvement over the Tamron at its full 300mm or wide open. These are budget lenses so their performance at the extremes will never match their more expensive cousins, you just need to play around with them, find what the limitations are and then work within them. From what I see both lenses are capable of excellent results when not made to work too hard...

From the reviews I read, I wasn't convinced that the Sigma was likely to be better overall than the Tamron, so I chose the Tamron as it was cheaper and lighter.

One minor point on Pentax 80-320 and similar Pentax models: they generally don't come with a hood.
~Pete

MattMatic

Link Posted 28/02/2008 - 08:52
Quote:
One minor point on Pentax 80-320 and similar Pentax models: they generally don't come with a hood.

True, but I haven't need one on mine
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

daltoned

Link Posted 28/02/2008 - 09:08
Thanks Guys for replies and comment re Sigma lens. Will just have to find its best operating range as budget can run for another lens at this time.
EddieD

UPINSMOKE

Link Posted 28/02/2008 - 11:21
impotentspider wrote:
I've said this before and I'm going to say it yet again......my advice is look for a used Pentax 80-320, the lens is (IMHO) very underated. Even though I now have the Bigma 50-500 I would not dream of parting with the Pentax, and with the K10D I can often get away with shooting at f8 which as we all know is the (alleged) optimum aperture for best results.

What sort of price should I be paying for one of these lenses. If I can find one that is. I use a K10D also.

George Lazarette

Link Posted 28/02/2008 - 11:45
UPINSMOKE wrote:
impotentspider wrote:
I've said this before and I'm going to say it yet again......my advice is look for a used Pentax 80-320, the lens is (IMHO) very underated. Even though I now have the Bigma 50-500 I would not dream of parting with the Pentax, and with the K10D I can often get away with shooting at f8 which as we all know is the (alleged) optimum aperture for best results.

What sort of price should I be paying for one of these lenses. If I can find one that is. I use a K10D also.

Check Ebay.

Also Ffordes. (Twice the price)

From America, KEH.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.