Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax ist DL2 the AE-L button

Syceroc
Posted 02/02/2010 - 17:52 Link
Can anyone help!
When I lock the exposure with AE-L button. An * appears in the view finder, after taking a couple of photos the * dissappears. Is there any way of locking the exposure for multiple shots, using this camers?
Steveninwyoming
Posted 02/02/2010 - 17:55 Link
I am not sure about your camera but my AE lock only stays applied for 30 sec. then it goes off.

Steven
womble
Posted 02/02/2010 - 17:57 Link
Use manual exposure mode instead.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
iceblinker
Posted 02/02/2010 - 18:02 Link
The * disappears when the meter goes to sleep. There is a menu option to set the meter operating time. Increasing that makes the AE-L function more useful. Also, the meter can be kept awake by periodically half-pressing the shutter button.

The alternative is to use Manual mode and to dial in the aperture and shutter speed settings of your choice.
~Pete
iceblinker
Posted 02/02/2010 - 18:13 Link
Go to the Custom menu, and set Meter Operating Time to 30 sec if you currently have it set to 3 or 10 sec.

An another alternative is to use +/- EV Compensation with your chosen auto or semi-auto mode.
~Pete

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.