Pentax Four-Thirds...???

dangie

Link Posted 16/09/2009 - 12:49
Apologies if this has been posted already. Saw it this morning on Amateur Photographer website. Pentax considering a 4/3rd's camera:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Pentax_mulls_Micro_Four_Thirdsstyle_ca...
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner

dangie

Link Posted 16/09/2009 - 12:55
On closer reading it does say "Four-Thirds Style", so could that mean a Pentax NX similar to the Samsung NX that is "hopefully" due in the near future.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner

fatspider

Link Posted 16/09/2009 - 14:07
I have to say that I think the days of the SLR as we know it may be numbered, improvements in LCD displays and EVFs are eventually going to make the good old mirror redundant.

Better start collecting Pentax 110 SLR lenses chaps, the micro four thirds may just well be backwards compatable
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

hefty1

Link Posted 16/09/2009 - 14:54
If Pentax could come up with something as sexy as the Olympus EP-1, as fast as the Panasonic GF1, the ergonomics and lens of the Leica X1 and the Foveon sensor from the Sigma DP1 / DP2 then I'd buy one like a shot.

If it was the size of a Rollei 35 I may even buy two...
Joining the Q

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/09/2009 - 17:44
Wake up Hefty, your dreaming!!

It would be nice though.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

hefty1

Link Posted 16/09/2009 - 20:15
...you've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna make your dreams come true?

Anyway, the Rollei 35 shows us that there's no optical reason why you can't have a full frame sensor (35mm film in that case) and a high quality collapsing lens in a package no bigger than a pack of cards. I remember how bulky my first Kodak digicam was and compare it to today's models - things move quick in the worlds of battery, memory and sensor technology and we're not far off now.

PS. Dear Pentax, if the camera's to be live-view only can we have the 3" OLED display from the Samsung WB1000 please?
Joining the Q

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 16/09/2009 - 20:27
hefty1 wrote:
If Pentax could come up with something as sexy as the Olympus EP-1, as fast as the Panasonic GF1, the ergonomics and lens of the Leica X1 and the Foveon sensor from the Sigma DP1 / DP2 then I'd buy one like a shot.

If it was the size of a Rollei 35 I may even buy two...

Not sure about the foveon sensor though. The Olympus (or was it the GF1, it was either, need to check the mag again) walloped it in a recent magazine test.
Keep the sensor from the K-7, it is mighty!

I did handle an X1 on Monday, what a lovely piece of kit, Leica might be onto a winner there, except for the price - 1300!

I still have reservations about micro 4/3rds as primary camera on two levels,
One, exposed sensor when changing lenses (and no dust removal system is going to cope with exposed sensors all the time, its bad enough on my K20D)
Two, Lack of viewfinder. No matter what I do with my compact camera, I much prefer to have the camera to my eye, (and EVF's arE not up to scratch yet, ala G1/GH1 may never be.....)

However, as a second backup camera, I cannot fault the GF1/E-P1 concept, I might even get one myself, but if Pentax bring one out, with a K mount adapter, I will be in the queue to buy one, as a support to my K20D.
Some Cameras
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.