Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax bits and pieces

Flasharry
Posted 30/10/2007 - 18:55 Link
I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right place so apologises if I haven't.

A friend has asked me if I would be interested in buying his old Pentax bits and pieces but neither of use have any idea what sort of price we should be talking about. I'd be very grateful if somebody could give me some idea as to what's a fair price for this stuff or indeed any advice as to what's worth having and what's not:

Cameras:

Pentax MX - tatty
Pentax P30 - good

Lenses:

Pentax 50 f1.7
Pentax 50 f2
Tokina 35-70mm f3.5
Vivitar 75-205mm f3.8

(I have a K10D)
Steve.
Flasharry
Posted 30/10/2007 - 19:37 Link
Sorry but I don't know my request for assistance ended in 'Classified'. I originally posted it in 'Pentax Digital SLR's'. (but on reflection it probably should have been in the 'Pentax Film' section). The items I'm talking about here are not for sale I was simply asking for advice as to what it was all worth.
Steve.
johnriley
Posted 30/10/2007 - 20:14 Link
My fault, I misread your intent.

Difficult to be precise, but what might you get on eBay...

MX tatty, if you get a sale at all, then very little value. £20 if it's working OK, but good ones fetch good prices and are sought after.

P30 Good. Prices are poor. £15-£25

Pentax 50 f1.7 depends on K, M or A, but £10-£30 depending on buyer mood.
Pentax 50 f2 as above £5-£20
Tokina 35-70mm f3.5 £10-£15
Vivitar 75-205mm f3.8 £10-£15

That's my opinion anyway, but if you get two or more buyers in a determined mood you could be lucky. Mostly not exciting items I'm afraid, hope your friend isn't too disappointed.

Hope that helps!
Best regards, John
Flasharry
Posted 30/10/2007 - 20:36 Link
Thanks John, most helpful. I was just wondering if one of the 50mm f1.7's would be useful on my K10D. I realise it wouldn't auto focus but I'm under the impression that the 50mm 'standards' are generally good lenses.
Steve.
Kim C
Posted 30/10/2007 - 20:45 Link
There are very sharp and good lenses. You will have to adjust the user settings to be able to use it and it will be manual metering. I am sure he would let you try it.

Kim
Flasharry
Posted 30/10/2007 - 20:48 Link
Thanks Kim. I'm going to ask my friend if he'll let me try all the lens and if I think I can use any of them I'll make him an offer based on what John has said. Thanks again.
Steve.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.