Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

PEF to DNG : preserve original date option?

smithy
Posted 26/12/2007 - 22:20 Link
Hi guys,

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas if you have it, and got some nice gear!

I was just wondering if there's a PEF to DNG converter that lets you keep the same datestamp on the file externally - I just noticed that the Adobe one doesn't, which isn't helpful when you're trying to work out at-a-glance where your holiday snaps were taken. The orig. date is accessible from the Browse function of Photoshop but I'd like to see it in Explorer.

thanks,
smithy.
George Lazarette
Posted 27/12/2007 - 12:44 Link
smithy wrote:
Hi guys,

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas if you have it, and got some nice gear!

I was just wondering if there's a PEF to DNG converter that lets you keep the same datestamp on the file externally - I just noticed that the Adobe one doesn't, which isn't helpful when you're trying to work out at-a-glance where your holiday snaps were taken. The orig. date is accessible from the Browse function of Photoshop but I'd like to see it in Explorer.

thanks,
smithy.

I've decided to ensure that I always have a copy of DCRAW. and then my PEFs should be translateable forever.

Failing that, I might one day convert them all into 16-bit TIFFS.

Uncompressed DNGs are just too big.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
smithy
Posted 27/12/2007 - 14:36 Link
Quote:
Uncompressed DNGs are just too big.

Really?? They're coming out at half the size of my PEFs, which is the only reason I was bothering to convert them. I've a *ist DS, the PEFs are 9-10mb, the DNGs are 5mb!

I'll have a look at DCRAW and see what it's like

ta,
smithy.
George Lazarette
Posted 27/12/2007 - 15:28 Link
They're twice the PEF size on a K10D.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.