Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

PEF and DNG

JudithAnn
Posted 21/05/2019 - 21:54 Link
Hello

I have just bought a K1II.... and I have my memory card set for RAW DNG.... and yet when uploading to lightroom from my memory card, at least a third of the raw files and PEF..How is this possible. Lightroom will not upload the saying preview is unavailable. How is my camera shifting during a shoot to PEF then back to DNG.... then over to PEF again.

Please help me if you can. I am vacationing right here in the UK from Canada.... SO I must get these files straighten out!

Regards

JA
pschlute
Posted 21/05/2019 - 22:45 Link
Have you saved and use any USER modes ?
Algernon
Posted 22/05/2019 - 10:28 Link
It does sound like some thing is set to change the default.

The Pentax software can handle PEF and save if not as DNG then TIF.

The Adobe DNG Converter, a free utility that converts files from more than 600 cameras to DNG, enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files to a more universal DNG raw file. 418MB download.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/digital-negative.html#downloads
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
JudithAnn
Posted 23/05/2019 - 05:29 Link
This happen in User one and possible program.

I don't want to down load anything...I just want my camera to take DNG files PERIOD! Why would it change when I slowed down my shutter speed?

Scotland needs me to sort this out! The castles are calling my name.

JA
RobL
Posted 23/05/2019 - 07:26 Link
See the manual, for the K1 it is page 43 but look up PEF in the index: you want Image Capture Settings in menu 2. You can change the file settings on buttons fx1 or fx2 so maybe yo have pressed one of these by mistake? If you don’t happen to have the manual you can download it from the Pentax website and save on a phone, tablet or whatever. I hope this helps.

I have just checked on my K1 and you can select PEF or DNG in the above menu, RAW File Format.
Edited by RobL: 23/05/2019 - 07:34
pschlute
Posted 23/05/2019 - 08:28 Link
JudithAnn wrote:
This happen in User one and possible program.

It may be because you have PEF saved in a USER mode. Select the USER mode on your camera. Go to the menu setting and change it to DNG. Save the USER setting.
JudithAnn
Posted 23/05/2019 - 15:02 Link
Thank you... I am checking it all out right now.

JA

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.