Official shop partner?

adwb

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 11:31
can some one please clear up what is the point of SRS being listed as a "official shop partner"?
they are no cheaper than most Pentax dealers that i have priced.
The supposed discount and free postage is never applied to orders I have made. On the shop page at the top of the screen it shows discounts on accessories and says quote your now subscription number to get the discount and free postage. I have put these details in the order form but twice now SRS has charged for post and given no discount.I could have got the items cheaper in Bristol from a choice of two shops.
what is happening with magazine is that still defunct? I though we were supposed to get a refund? I had just subscribed when it was announced that it was no more.
Alistair
Assorted Pentax bodies and lenses as well as Sony and Olympus kit

Peter Bargh

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 11:37
It's all changed now. We used to sell items with discount. These varied from 10-50% less than rrp. We still hold some stock of these items...usually run as a page in the magazine. We also used to supply Pentax accessories and get 10% discount for members but changes at Pentax stopped that a year or so ago. So we teamed up with SRS who are now the official partner for the club. They provide the entire range of items and usually have stock, and we can confirm their level of customer service is good, but they may not have more competitive pricing. Regarding the magazine - the last issue will be sent out in October and then refunds options will be discussed.

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 12:05
If you give your forum user name to SRS when ordering you will get free delivery.

robbie_d

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 12:13
Gwyn wrote:
If you give your forum user name to SRS when ordering you will get free delivery.

Second this.

Also, Chris comes on here and lets people know about used gear as they get it in, offered at a discount against what it eventually gets listed for on the website.

It must also be said that their customer service is very good. You will always be able to find a cheaper supplier, but the customer service is what people go back for (plus the 6 months warranty on used gear).

The quality (of service) is remembered long after the price is forgotten.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

adwb

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 12:14
Peter, on your shop link at the top of the page there is a price list which shows members prices and the order link takes you to SRS. The members prices on that list appear to be completely ignored by SRS as is the offer to supply free postage. I would suggest you either remove this from the web site or speak to SRS.
The latest [and last] purchase I made this way was for a lens hood PH-RBH
listed at 25.99 member 23.99
quote "The club member price is in the Members Price column to the right:"
I have been charged the 25.99 price
quote"put *pentaxuser* into the Discount Voucher field which will give you a 10% discount on all Pentax accessories. If you can put your Forum ID or Membership number into the Customer Notes section under the credit card section and we will remove our postage charge as well."
I did that as well as putting in the comments field at the end ;please ensure my discount is given making the hood 23.39 and fee post my user id is ADWB and my membership# 122218.
the item turned up today 3 weeks later for the full price and I have been charged for post.
So what is going on? is the web shop price list invalid? or do SRS ignore your arrangement with them.?
either way shoddy service and shoddy prices.
Alistair
Last Edited by adwb on 25/08/2010 - 12:16

robbie_d

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 12:17
adwb wrote:
Peter, on your shop link at the top of the page there is a price list which shows members prices and the order link takes you to SRS. The members prices on that list appear to be completely ignored by SRS as is the offer to supply free postage. I would suggest you either remove this from the web site or speak to SRS.
quote"put *pentaxuser* into the Discount Voucher field which will give you a 10% discount on all Pentax accessories. If you can put your Forum ID or Membership number into the Customer Notes section under the credit card section and we will remove our postage charge as well."
I did that as well as putting in the comments field at the end ;please ensure my discount is given making the hood 2.39 and fee post my user id is ADWB and my membership# 122218.
the item turned up today 3 weeks later for the full price and I have been charged for post.
So what is going on? is the web shop price list invalid? or do SRS ignore your arrangement with them.?
Alistair

Steady on.

It would probably be wise to use paragraphs and proper punctuation if you want people to properly read and understand your point too.

As has already been stated, free postage simply requires you to get in touch with SRS after you've placed your order, tell them your user ID and it will be refunded. Simple.

Apparently.
Last Edited by robbie_d on 25/08/2010 - 12:18

flossie

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 12:25
I didn't get free delivery when I put my username in the comments field.

I did get free delivery when I rang them up.

Silly really - the phone call took them a lot longer to process, but at least I got my discount that way.

BTW, they also offer the same discount to members of other forums, its not unique to here.
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 13:34
Hi Alastair,

We have had an issue with lens hoods and the pentaxuser discount code which we have now sorted.

If you check your bank statement, you will see that we have charged the correct £23.39. When an order is placed on the website, we manually authorise the amount, so this gives us the opportunity to remove the postage costs and in this case the 10% discount for the lens hood as the website wasn't set correctly to give the discount off hoods. We are unable to amend the order value on the website, so this is where the confusion arises in this case as it looks like we have charged the full amount and the postage costs.

On a more general note, we won't charge postage if your Pentax User ID or membership number is mentioned when ordering. On the odd occasion we may miss this, then please PM me or email me chris@srsmicrosystems.co.uk and I will refund this straight away.

As usual, any queries then please ask.

Thanks,

Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 14:21
Thanks for clearing that up Chris.

gartmore

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 14:22
Peter Bargh said that the customer service level is 'good' which is wrong.

It is nothing short of fantastic.

@adwb, if I found something cheaper in my home town I'd go there and forget about the hassle of waiting for the postman in order to sign for something.

With a major purchase like a camera my local Pentax Pro Dealer is charging £100 more than SRS. If it had been £20 more I might have gone there just to get the goods, but a £100? No way, I can wait until tomorrow morning.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

adwb

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 14:30
robbie_d wrote:
adwb wrote:
I did that as well as putting in the comments field at the end ;please ensure my discount is given making the hood 2.39 and fee post my user id is ADWB and my membership# 122218.
Alistair

Steady on.

It would probably be wise to use paragraphs and proper punctuation if you want people to properly read and understand your point too.

As has already been stated, free postage simply requires you to get in touch with SRS after you've placed your order, tell them your user ID and it will be refunded. Simple.

well for a start it was not sent to you and I did not apply bold the last line who did?
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Hi Alastair,

We have had an issue with lens hoods and the pentaxuser discount code which we have now sorted.

If you check your bank statement, you will see that we have charged the correct £23.39. When an order is placed on the website, we manually authorise the amount, so this gives us the opportunity to remove the postage costs and in this case the 10% discount for the lens hood as the website wasn't set correctly to give the discount off hoods. We are unable to amend the order value on the website, so this is where the confusion arises in this case as it looks like we have charged the full amount and the postage costs.

On a more general note, we won't charge postage if your Pentax User ID or membership number is mentioned when ordering. On the odd occasion we may miss this, then please PM me or email me chris@srsmicrosystems.co.uk and I will refund this straight away.

As usual, any queries then please ask.

Thanks,

Chris

Thank you for clearing this up Chris, PM sent.
thanks
Alistair

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 15:26
Alistair, you posted a reply in the open forum, so anyone is able, and has the right to reply to it.
If you wanted only Peter to read it you should have PMed him.

If you didn't want others to join in you could have just contacted SRS in the first place to find out about it from them.

Robbie added the bold to show to which part of your post he was referring. Quite a normal and acceptable way of behaving.

I am glad you have got your problem sorted now. It has resulted in an explanation for others how the discount is applied by SRS.

Maybe you would like to retract the comment which Robbie highlighted?

Pwynnej

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 16:27
I'd disagree with your last suggestion Gwyn, Alistair made his frustration felt that he didn't think he was getting the level of service from SRS which he was expecting.

The lack of transparency regarding free postage has been something of concern, thinking I had been charged after filling all the fields. But I think the message here is, we've all built a pedestal for Chris and SRS, it just takes one bad experience and this type of discussion appears on the website.

Credit to Chris for responding in a positive manner, and for Alistair to acknowledge that; some retailers would take umbrage..
K20D, Z-1p, Z-1
F50 1.7,FAs 24,31,35,50 1.4,77,85,135. DA*16-50. DA*60-250. DA*300 D-FA 100
SA 12-24.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon

robbie_d

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 16:41
adwb wrote:

well for a start it was not sent to you and I did not apply bold the last line who did?

It was a post made in a forum of which I'm a member, and as such I'm entitled to respond. There is a mechanism for making statements you don't want anyone else to see/respond to, private messages (PMs). If you don't want people to see/respond to your posts, I suggest you use PMs to contact the specific person in question, or refrain from posting at all.

In respect of the bold lettering, I added that. It is common practice across most internet forums to highlight the part of a passage that you wish to make reference to. In this case I was saying "Steady on" specifically about the part in bold, which I felt was over the top, particularly as you hadn't made your point particularly clearly.

Has your opinion of the prices and services changed since the situation has been resolved to your liking?

EDIT: Cheers Gwyn! Perhaps I should have read your post first...

Apparently.
Last Edited by robbie_d on 25/08/2010 - 16:44

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 16:46
I still don't think that SRS can be accused or Shoddy prices or shoddy service. They charged him the correct price - if he had looked at his bank statement he would have seen that. It may be a problem of their online ordering system, but it is not shoddy pricing or service. They gave him the discount after all.
Perhaps it would have been better if Alistair had taken this direct to SRS or to Peter, not come on the forum with, especially as he doesn't seem to appreciate comments from others about it.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.