Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Notification being turned off ???

tyronet2000
Posted 02/04/2014 - 22:17 Link
Notification, when a comment is left, is being turned off. Is this happening to anyone else.
Regards
Stan

PPG
geordie01
Posted 02/04/2014 - 22:38 Link
Never even noticed it was turned on for me Stan
johnriley
Posted 02/04/2014 - 22:47 Link
I'm getting notifications OK here.
Best regards, John
tyronet2000
Posted 03/04/2014 - 08:13 Link
Opened this to see if there had been any postings, yes, two. and notification mysteriously turned off.
Regards
Stan

PPG
tyronet2000
Posted 03/04/2014 - 08:14 Link
Notification turned on again after previous post, as normal. Will check back later to see if it stays on.
Regards
Stan

PPG
Edited by tyronet2000: 03/04/2014 - 08:15
tyronet2000
Posted 03/04/2014 - 16:14 Link
Think the problem has been on the mail server, just had 19 emails delivered to the forum mailbox, all but three with yesterday's date on them. Normal service sems to have been resumed
Regards
Stan

PPG
ISO
Posted 04/04/2014 - 19:22 Link
I am confused – Can any of you ‘Posters’ tell me what should happen. I get an email saying I have a Notification to a Thread. Click, then get a frame saying Notification being ‘reset’, then wait a while and sometimes get to the Thread. I seem to remember that I used to click the email link and went straight to the Thread??
It’s an issue I took up with the Mods recently, but couldn’t really understand their reply.
bforbes
Posted 04/04/2014 - 19:41 Link
I think the "click" - Notification being ‘reset’- delay to thread, is normal. I don't remember ever clicking and going direct to thread
johnriley
Posted 04/04/2014 - 19:55 Link
There is that interim screen. It does explain itself by saying we will be sent to the thread and notifications have been reset.
Best regards, John
Gamka
Posted 05/04/2014 - 02:04 Link
I am seeing a similar problem.

I have checked my settings and have selected NO for replies in thread and YES for Private Messages.

However, the emails for PMs are not arriving and the first I know that there is a message is the My Messages Icon has changed to yellow.

So, YES there is a problem.
johnriley
Posted 05/04/2014 - 09:39 Link
If e-mails are not arriving then do check your spam folder. They may be getting caught in the anti-spam measures applied by your ISP as well, so check any online version of your e-mail. Some ISPs filter out spam before you get to see it and the systems can suddenly decide something that you've been happily receiving is spam.

You can specify that PU is OK in your internet options.
Best regards, John
ISO
Posted 05/04/2014 - 19:19 Link
bforbes wrote:
I think the "click" - Notification being ‘reset’- delay to thread, is normal. I don't remember ever clicking and going direct to thread

Thanks Barrie, I am comforted now by your explanation, except the on going problem when the redirect 'hangs'.
Gamka
Posted 05/04/2014 - 22:07 Link
johnriley wrote:
If e-mails are not arriving then do check your spam folder. They may be getting caught in the anti-spam measures applied by your ISP as well, so check any online version of your e-mail. Some ISPs filter out spam before you get to see it and the systems can suddenly decide something that you've been happily receiving is spam.

You can specify that PU is OK in your internet options.

Been there, done that. My ISP servers have a do not filter mail setting and that is selected. My Mail Client has a Junk Mail and McAfee Anti-spam - They work as I see the rubbish they have filtered out. There are no message in my inbox or junk or spam ... I get the weekly newsletter through so why not the notifications.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.