Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Are there Server problems with the Pentaxuser Site??

ISO
Posted 03/04/2014 - 18:18 Link
I know we have slow line speeds around here, but that can’t explain the now frequent problems I am getting using the site.
I had thought I should include a Poll with this Thread, but thought that was probably OTT.
The sort of thing that happening is:
a) Suddenly getting ‘Page Cannot be Displayed’, when I have been browsing ‘Recent Activity’.
b) Moving from one Topic to another and the Site ‘hangs’ ie the little wheel just keeps going round and round.
c) Clicking on a Notification email where the page comes up to say it’s being reset – then nothing happens.
I know the Mods will probably say I should PM them, but if it’s an experience had by others, it would be good to know.
Frankly it’s beginning to p*** me off.
johnriley
Posted 03/04/2014 - 18:28 Link
I'm experiencing none of the problems you describe, so maybe it's a local internet issue or an ISP issue. These things do happen from time to time. Sometimes downloading Windows Updates can cause slow running.

You could also try rebooting your router.
Best regards, John
redbusa99
Posted 03/04/2014 - 18:44 Link
are you with AOL by any chance i get similar problems now and again at the moment it is not happy with the new flickr set up. sometimes re installing the software sorts it out but even that has not helped with flickr
odd lens or 2

Flickr
ISO
Posted 03/04/2014 - 18:55 Link
Hi - John, I often reboot the Router but the key thing is that I don't have these problems with all the other Sites I use - only Pentaxuser. redbusa99, luckily I am not with AOL
SteveEveritt
Posted 03/04/2014 - 19:55 Link
I sometimes get b) but leave it a few seconds and its fine
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
ISO
Posted 03/04/2014 - 20:04 Link
Hi Steve - about 45 ?? then I move on.
Signing off now, but please keep any comments coming -Thanks
davidstorm
Posted 03/04/2014 - 20:34 Link
No issues for me at all, the problem doesn't lie with the site. However, I did have issues previously and traced them to my virus checker (Bullguard) which wasn't fully Windows 8 compatible and required an update patch to fix the problem. Since then, everything runs very fast.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
pentaxian450
Posted 04/04/2014 - 02:20 Link
I also have a lot of problems as experienced with the OP lately.

It started when my local internet provider was finally able to supply me with a high speed connection.

When at work, I have no problems.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
droopsnoot
Posted 04/04/2014 - 13:18 Link
I get similar probles from time to time, also find that it logs me out for no reason I can understand. That said, I'm on XP and IE8 and most sites blame that.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
ISO
Posted 04/04/2014 - 18:53 Link
Droop – I could be uncharitable and say most Sites will blame something other than the Site But seeing this Thread has been up a while without thousands of responses, it looks as if the problem lies my end (probably something to do with my deodorant )
BUT it would be good to get a Computer Techo to give some input – if any are interested
davem
Posted 04/04/2014 - 19:11 Link
why not report the problem. There is a button at the bottom of this page. I have done this a couple of times for other issues and found the PU backroom techy team to be really helpful.

Dave
ISO
Posted 04/04/2014 - 19:27 Link
Davem – as I said in my OP, I wanted to find out if others have had similar experiences. Anyway by now I would have thought (apart from John) some backroom person would have entered the Thread?
johnriley
Posted 04/04/2014 - 20:02 Link
There's probably no particular backroom issue here ISO, just the route your internet is taking to connect to PU.

If I get problems I usually reboot the router. If that fails, rebooting the PC might help.

If the problem persists, then it's best to file a report.
Best regards, John
ISO
Posted 05/04/2014 - 19:24 Link
John, I am going to try an alternative route by using Firefox rather than IE8, to see if that makes a difference. My ISP is more commercially oriented than your average, so think they cover most of the items you mentioned.
johnriley
Posted 06/04/2014 - 00:42 Link
IE8 could well be your problem, it could do with updating by now probably. Firefox should be fine.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.