Are there Server problems with the Pentaxuser Site??
Posted 03/04/2014 - 18:28
Link
I'm experiencing none of the problems you describe, so maybe it's a local internet issue or an ISP issue. These things do happen from time to time. Sometimes downloading Windows Updates can cause slow running.
You could also try rebooting your router.
You could also try rebooting your router.
Best regards, John
Posted 03/04/2014 - 18:55
Link
Hi - John, I often reboot the Router but the key thing is that I don't have these problems with all the other Sites I use - only Pentaxuser. redbusa99, luckily I am not with AOL
Posted 03/04/2014 - 20:04
Link
Hi Steve - about 45 ?? then I move on.
Signing off now, but please keep any comments coming -Thanks
Signing off now, but please keep any comments coming -Thanks
Posted 03/04/2014 - 20:34
Link
No issues for me at all, the problem doesn't lie with the site. However, I did have issues previously and traced them to my virus checker (Bullguard) which wasn't fully Windows 8 compatible and required an update patch to fix the problem. Since then, everything runs very fast.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 04/04/2014 - 02:20
Link
I also have a lot of problems as experienced with the OP lately.
It started when my local internet provider was finally able to supply me with a high speed connection.
When at work, I have no problems.
It started when my local internet provider was finally able to supply me with a high speed connection.
When at work, I have no problems.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Posted 04/04/2014 - 13:18
Link
I get similar probles from time to time, also find that it logs me out for no reason I can understand. That said, I'm on XP and IE8 and most sites blame that.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net
Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Posted 04/04/2014 - 18:53
Link
Droop – I could be uncharitable and say most Sites will blame something other than the Site But seeing this Thread has been up a while without thousands of responses, it looks as if the problem lies my end (probably something to do with my deodorant )
BUT it would be good to get a Computer Techo to give some input – if any are interested
BUT it would be good to get a Computer Techo to give some input – if any are interested
Posted 04/04/2014 - 19:11
Link
why not report the problem. There is a button at the bottom of this page. I have done this a couple of times for other issues and found the PU backroom techy team to be really helpful.
Dave
Dave
Posted 04/04/2014 - 19:27
Link
Davem – as I said in my OP, I wanted to find out if others have had similar experiences. Anyway by now I would have thought (apart from John) some backroom person would have entered the Thread?
Posted 04/04/2014 - 20:02
Link
There's probably no particular backroom issue here ISO, just the route your internet is taking to connect to PU.
If I get problems I usually reboot the router. If that fails, rebooting the PC might help.
If the problem persists, then it's best to file a report.
If I get problems I usually reboot the router. If that fails, rebooting the PC might help.
If the problem persists, then it's best to file a report.
Best regards, John
Posted 05/04/2014 - 19:24
Link
John, I am going to try an alternative route by using Firefox rather than IE8, to see if that makes a difference. My ISP is more commercially oriented than your average, so think they cover most of the items you mentioned.
Posted 06/04/2014 - 00:42
Link
IE8 could well be your problem, it could do with updating by now probably. Firefox should be fine.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


713 posts
16 years
Kent
I had thought I should include a Poll with this Thread, but thought that was probably OTT.
The sort of thing that happening is:
a) Suddenly getting ‘Page Cannot be Displayed’, when I have been browsing ‘Recent Activity’.
b) Moving from one Topic to another and the Site ‘hangs’ ie the little wheel just keeps going round and round.
c) Clicking on a Notification email where the page comes up to say it’s being reset – then nothing happens.
I know the Mods will probably say I should PM them, but if it’s an experience had by others, it would be good to know.
Frankly it’s beginning to p*** me off.