North Wales meet?

Stuey

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 21:54
Thanks Howard

Are you likely to be joining in ?

Regards

Stu
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 22:32
JammyBee wrote:
I can't make sunset due to the wife and I being out in the evening but happy to bring my own car and head off home when I need too. Like the idea of bridge and wildlife.
Peace James

No problem - sunset may or may not be an option anyway.

My Flickr site link

Northgrain

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 22:38
Still hoping to make this. Plan as it's developing sounds good to me.

I'll only be able to confirm mid-week. I didn't make your trip last year, so hoping to avoid missing out this time
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

Stuey

Link Posted 05/06/2014 - 22:50
Hi Tim

It would be nice to welcome you along

The more the better - hopefully this year Dave Kitson won't have me climbing around under bridges - they are higher this year

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 09/06/2014 - 22:00
So far the weather is meant to be cloudy for Saturday

Hopefully that is 'good for photography' type of clouds

My Flickr site link

judderman62

Link Posted 09/06/2014 - 22:20
I don't take notice of forecast this far in advance Stu ... thursday before I think there might be an outside chance they might get it nearish
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

Stuey

Link Posted 09/06/2014 - 22:32
Good point Mike

My Flickr site link

bychan

Link Posted 10/06/2014 - 16:12
Stuey wrote:
Hi Adrian

I'm glad to see that you have chipped in so to speak

The hill fort in your next of the woods is one of the options I was considering dependent upon the level of energy intended by the participants

The Menai walk looks a decent option

So far I have been contemplating matters, both Anglesey and mainland as the weather could differ on the day.

One of my thought was to try to obtain shots of the Menai Bridges from a less usual angle, maybe a trip at some part of the day to Newborough forest with the remote possibility of a red squirrel or two just to name a few

At present it the forecast is changeable so fingers crossed

As for a meeting place nearby/ place to eat I have experience of a few but feel the need for better options.

Regards

Stu

Hello Stu
The ascent to the hill fort (Tre Ceiri), looks worse that it actually is, although the fact that you are actually walking up to the top of a mountain might put some off.

You must have read my mind, in that a visit to Newborough, where you have the forest and Llanddwyn Island (only a 10 minute walk away, although I can't confirm whether this is accessible at high tide).

I hope I'm not tempting fate, but the BBC website has Saturday as being sunny for my postcode (20 miles away from Menai Bridge)

Anybody arriving on an empty stomach can take a visit to the Menai Deli in the High street. Work mates often get breakfast baps delivered, haven't tried one myself but Saturday could well see that change.

The Deli opens at 8am on a Saturday, see link

For lunch, there are some local pubs, such as the Liverpool Arms and Tafarn Y Bont - The Bridge Inn (I can ask work mates who can offer better advise).

Or a nice Cantonese lunchtime menu is available at the Jade Village, 8 when I visited a few months ago (12:00-13:30).

Sounds like a plan

Regards
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

judderman62

Link Posted 10/06/2014 - 16:18
If we do the hill fort I'd have to skip that bit.. even relatively moderate inclines do me in - too overweight and unfit .

The sort of stuff we did last year was OK, with a few breaks, anything more strenuous would be well beyond me
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

Gravelrash

Link Posted 10/06/2014 - 16:52
judderman62 wrote:
If we do the hill fort I'd have to skip that bit.. even relatively moderate inclines do me in - too overweight and unfit .

The sort of stuff we did last year was OK, with a few breaks, anything more strenuous would be well beyond me

It's why I carry the MX-1 on the bike. An old bike accident has left me with very limited footwork abilities, anything beyond an hour and I'm in a great deal of pain. Very frustrating
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?

judderman62

Link Posted 10/06/2014 - 17:08
sorry to hear that steve
- -
Mike

judderman62

Link Posted 10/06/2014 - 17:12
as we are getting closer how about a roll call of who's going so we get an idea of numbers. if you respond just add the names already mentioned in the thread then add yours - that way we have must up to date list in most recent post. soooo I'll start:

Judderman - weather dependent and what footy match is on (World cup) - those two factors being agreeable - 98% coming
- -
Mike

DaveKitson

Link Posted 10/06/2014 - 17:45
Judderman - weather dependent and what footy match is on (World cup) - those two factors being agreeable - 98% coming.
Dave Kitson - Unless something unexpected happens.

dave k
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson

HowardJ

Link Posted 10/06/2014 - 18:53
Stuey wrote:
Thanks Howard

Are you likely to be joining in ?

Regards

Stu

Regretfully no I won't, My good lady has some shopping to do, so I've got to be at home. Also I've been to Anglesey today on family business so I don't fancy another dose of the M56/A55 so soon.

For eats and/or a comfort stop - Pringles in Llanfair PG is open again. And for something different why not go and see the lions and Nelson!!!

However it seems as if you have it all well organised.

Have a good day, I'm sorry I wont be with you.

That should help keep it near the top.

Howard
Cymru Am Byth

judderman62

Link Posted 10/06/2014 - 19:33
OK for anyone interested (if it affects their decision) the World cup footy games are:

Times are UK Times

Colombia V Greece 1700
Uruguay V Costa Rica 2000
England v Italy 2300

so footy won't keep me home then

so the roll call now is still

Judderman - weather dependent and what footy match is on (World cup) - those two factors being agreeable - 98% coming.
Dave Kitson - Unless something unexpected happens.
- -
Mike

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.